Pink Panther military reg numbers

Discussion in 'Tanks, planes & ships' started by REMEbrat, Aug 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anybody have a list of the military reg numbers used by the 'original' Series II Landrovers the SAS used as pink Panthers?

2. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I think if you write to Leconfield they'll have them
    They'll be able to give you information on a specific vehicle if you need it.

3. Try; THE RLC MUSEUM

Tel; 01252 833371

THE PRINCESS ROYAL BARRACKS
    DEEPCUT
    SURREY
    GU16 6RW

They should be able to advise as I believe they hold all the B vehicle records.

There may be a small fee.

4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

My mistake I thought it had moved to Leconfield

5. Thanks all, I will start by e mailing the rlc museum and see what information they can provide.

6. Something in the area 10FG30 up to 11FG something. I have a list somewhere with roughly when and where many went, and the ones that were cast. Are you looking for one in particular?

7. No, this is just one of those thoughts I had that I simply couldn't get out of my head.

8. Except that I think Pink Panthers were not classed as B vehicles.. I am sure they were classed as A vehicles and were certainly supplied through Ludgershall..

You may be more successful enquiring through Bovington...!

9. They most certainly weren't at Ludgershall in the mid-seventies. I am pretty sure they were held at Ashchurch as B vehs. Could have changed later on, though. The whole vehicle org seemed to have been in a state of flux from then onwards.

10. They most certainly were in 1976 when I was being bored stupid on attachment to 3 Div Airhead next door... (and in '73 when dragged round the place on my YOs course..)