Pink Floyd

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by No.9, May 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Heads-up, a bonus for fans, BB4 Friday 23rd May is Floyd night from 21:30.

Judging how Floyd gets so highly listed whenever bands/music is debated here, should be a lot of recorders set for that night. :wink:

No.9

http://uk-tv-guide.com/list/BBC%204/23+May+2008

9:30pm The Pink Floyd Story: Which One's Pink?
    Forty years after Britain's foremost 'underground' band released their debut album, 'Piper At The Gates Of Dawn', Pink Floyd remain one of the biggest brand names and best-loved bands in the world. This film features extended archive, some of it rarely or never seen, alongside original interviews with the four surviving members of Pink Floyd, David Gilmour, Roger Waters, Richard Wright and Nick Mason, and traces the journey of a band that has only ever had five members, three of whom have lead the band at different stages of its evolution.

10:30pm Classic Albums
    Series looking at the creation of some classic rock albums. This edition looks at the legendary Pink Floyd album Dark Side of the Moon with interviews with Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Richard Wright and Nick Mason.

11:20pm Omnibus
    The arts documentary series looks at the life of Syd Barrett, the creative genius behind the early successes of pioneering rock band Pink Floyd. His departure after a drug-induced breakdown was a bitter blow, and members of the group describe the ways in which he still haunts their lives and their music.

2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

First saw Floyd in Leeds in 1966 IIRC. Didn't go to see them though, went to see the Gods that were Cream.

3. [align=center][​IMG]
    "Nobody's perfect"[/align]

4. Pink fecking Floyd. I lost my virginity to these guys. No kidding.

Sound track of my life: "The piper at the gates of dawn."

5. Just remembered there was this thread on this. It started at 21.30.