Pingdemic

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
There is not a 'good possibility' that I am infected. I had contact a week ago with someone who subsequently tested positive. I am double jabbed and have no symptoms - that is not to say there is not a remote possibility that I have been infected, am infected or have had it and not noticed (the same could be said for any point in the last 18 months).

We were advised not to have the app working at work, as are health workers etc and rather than p1ss about turning it on and off, I ditched it about a month ago before going to the G7 conference - where we were mixing with the great unwashed who displayed very little duty of care to each other or to me- as have most of my colleagues. There is no legal or professional requirement to have it. We have a very effective pandemic cell and when necessary can test. Social distancing and PPE measures are taken when entering people's houses and the like and where possible we do things by phone to reduce face to face contact. I've a number of victims of crime that I have taken statements from and finalised the crime without us coming face to face. Interviews are still undertaken at the station because the law requires it to be so in order for free legal representation to be given (for most jobs that will be over the phone).

If I go hands on, there is a very good reason for it - I have to justify all use of force irrespective of Covid. I don't stop to ask someone about their health, vaccination status or illness history when they are fighting with me. I suspect that I and my colleagues have been at far greater risk over the course of this pandemic than many groups.

I've worked throughout lockdown during which I have been punched, kicked (including being kicked in the balls...hard), spat at and got blood (sometimes mine, sometimes not), p1ss and dogsh1it all over me at various times. I've had to hold down more than one shrieking woman who was trying to bite me and came face to face with a chap carrying an axe and having a psychotic MH episode- the vast majority of the people I've had to deal with showed no duty of care towards me - not least the Government who refused to prioritise us for vaccines - we got them round here because the health board started handing out spares.

My duty of care is to the public - people like you, so when you are getting the cr@p kicked out of you on a Saturday night in town, don't lecture the copper who comes to your aid because he hasn't got a facemask on. Frankly I'm more worried about HEP, HIV or getting my teeth knocked out.
Which is why I'm not a copper. Someone like a junkie spits at me etc.. Sorry but they'd be getting a right good kicking off me.
Couldn't do the whole domestic thing either.. Ring the police coz boyfriend has twatted you, then attack the coppers for nicking him "coz you loves him innit".

Nope... Feck that for a game of soldiers.

It's a bit odd that a year ago everyone was moaning that the app didn't work/ wasn't fit for purpose/ mates of politicians were making money from it etc.
Now everyone is moaning........ because it does work!

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
He 'should' get his leave back - the Fed can probably find the relevant regulation for it. Certainly folk round here have had it back. Thankfully my isolation lasts just to the end of this set of shifts when I'm going into rest days and leave.
I think he'll get it back.
His inspector is a split arse with not just a chip, but the whole Mcains factory on both shoulders.
He's Gay but doesn't make a big deal about it, she's a lezzer who does the whole Pride thing, flags, lanyards, keyring etc....

D

Deleted 15653

Which is why I'm not a copper. Someone like a junkie spits at me etc.. Sorry but they'd be getting a right good kicking off me.
Couldn't do the whole domestic thing either.. Ring the police coz boyfriend has twatted you, then attack the coppers for nicking him "coz you loves him innit".

Nope... Feck that for a game of soldiers.
Or 'ring the rozzers and stitch the bitch up but then not be there when they arrive so she gets the retaliation in first and you end up with a night in the cells for your trouble' to pick an example at random.

D

Deleted 15653

I think he'll get it back.
His inspector is a split arse with not just a chip, but the whole Mcains factory on both shoulders.
He's Gay but doesn't make a big deal about it, she's a lezzer who does the whole Pride thing, flags, lanyards, keyring etc....
It's odd, but I neither know, nor care about the sexuality of my colleagues. I know two ladies who are married to each other. Both are good coppers. I know several other ladies who are known to prefer a bit of 'Laydee lurrve' but that's their business. I also know quite a few single male coppers. Some of them may be gay for all I know. As long as everyone consents and no one gets hurt, what adults do behind closed doors is their own affair and there is no need for showing off one way or another.

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
It's odd, but I neither know, nor care about the sexuality of my colleagues. I know two ladies who are married to each other. Both are good coppers. I know several other ladies who are known to prefer a bit of 'Laydee lurrve' but that's their business. I also know quite a few single male coppers. Some of them may be gay for all I know. As long as everyone consents and no one gets hurt, what adults do behind closed doors is their own affair and there is no need for showing off one way or another.
My mates sentiments as well. Do your job well and look after the people on team and they'll look after you.
What you do in your own time is up to you.

I've worked throughout lockdown during which I have been punched, kicked (including being kicked in the balls...hard), spat at and got blood (sometimes mine, sometimes not), p1ss and dogsh1it all over me at various times. I've had to hold down more than one shrieking woman who was trying to bite me and came face to face with a chap carrying an axe and having a psychotic MH episode- the vast majority of the people I've had to deal with showed no duty of care towards me - not least the Government who refused to prioritise us for vaccines - we got them round here because the health board started handing out spares.

My duty of care is to the public - people like you, so when you are getting the cr@p kicked out of you on a Saturday night in town, don't lecture the copper who comes to your aid because he hasn't got a facemask on. Frankly I'm more worried about HEP, HIV or getting my teeth knocked out.

As someone who works in secure care, I can relate. Glad I got my hep jags in the army, though Christ knows what else some of our service users are carrying. Puts covid in perspective when you're being spat on, piss chucked over you, attempted to be bitten etc on a regular basis, and then they are completely absolved of responsibility of their actions due to MH, ACE, trauma etc.

Much about this in the meejuh at the moment.
Something like 600k people have been 'pinged', and will HAVE TO isolate for 10 days (from the point of contact), me included. You think that you're doing the right thing by having the app etc, but it just comes back to bite you on the bum. I'm lucky to be able to work from home to some extent, fortunately we aren't too busy at the moment, but the impact of this on our small company could have been really significant.
'Fear' of the ping means that some genuine key workers end up in a sort of isolation, even if they are double jabbed, like me (I don't claim to be a key worker). Even then, it is possible to get the ping. One chap I know has figured out that the only time that he was in proximity to others on the day in question (he got 8 days, so contact was 2 days earlier) was when he was static on the M5 for 30 minutes following a lorry fire!
I got 8 days too, that meant that contact was on Sunday. The only time I was in proximity to the offender was outdoors during the CO's debrief, perhaps 20 minutes, I was standing off to a flank.
I have to have the app to go into some venues with my job, no app, no entry.

Anyone else here been pinged?

Ramius was very prophetic....
ØA got pinged because she and the neighbour‘s phones were on opposite sides of the shared wall…

There is not a 'good possibility' that I am infected. I had contact a week ago with someone who subsequently tested positive. I am double jabbed and have no symptoms - that is not to say there is not a remote possibility that I have been infected, am infected or have had it and not noticed (the same could be said for any point in the last 18 months).

We were advised not to have the app working at work, as are health workers etc and rather than p1ss about turning it on and off, I ditched it about a month ago before going to the G7 conference - where we were mixing with the great unwashed who displayed very little duty of care to each other or to me- as have most of my colleagues. There is no legal or professional requirement to have it. We have a very effective pandemic cell and when necessary can test. Social distancing and PPE measures are taken when entering people's houses and the like and where possible we do things by phone to reduce face to face contact. I've a number of victims of crime that I have taken statements from and finalised the crime without us coming face to face. Interviews are still undertaken at the station because the law requires it to be so in order for free legal representation to be given (for most jobs that will be over the phone).

If I go hands on, there is a very good reason for it - I have to justify all use of force irrespective of Covid. I don't stop to ask someone about their health, vaccination status or illness history when they are fighting with me. I suspect that I and my colleagues have been at far greater risk over the course of this pandemic than many groups.

You might want to consider one of these for your Pava.

Back_Pack_2_compact.png

D

Deleted 15653

You might want to consider one of these for your Pava.

Back_Pack_2_compact.png
When we on Ex in Canada, the RMP brief included showing us the CS 'fire extinguishers' that Canadian CivPol were equipped with - mean bits of kit. I could use one of t hem on Saturday night (if I wasn't isolating)

Which says that it's just bo###x, med staff or not. You're either at risk of spreading it or you aren't, regardless of your job.
It would be interesting to see what would happen if a nurse/ doctor got 'caught' not isolating, the NHS website clearly states that it is a legal requirement to obey the notification.

Sort of..

Part 1 of the relevant legislation carries the caveat from pings from the app. Within the NHS it isn’t as simple as just ignoring a ping, an early PCR test followed by daily LFT testing following a risk assessment and director-level sign off is hardly a two minute process.

Pingdemic for most of the populous is the the excuse for the B Ark applicants to skive for a week or so.
I'm going to self Isolate in the Three Tuns.

sod the spill chucker.

cowgoesmoo

Old-Salt
OK, I read this and took it literally
"It's a legal requirement to self-isolate if you are told to by NHS Test and Trace. You could be fined if you do not self-isolate."
Have I been spoofed by deliberately vague wording?
You have, yes! There are some complex legal reasons beyond my understanding why it has to be a human who gives the instruction to isolate, but the government are keen to encourage everyone to isolate if they've been in contact with a positive hence hence it's kind of brushed over.

Screenshot 2021-07-23 221202.png

cowgoesmoo

Old-Salt

So your management have been trying to get in touch with you, as have the NHS, because you've been in contact with someone whos tested positive but you feel you know better, the law you enforce doesn't apply to you, and don't need to take a test. Ok then.

Last edited:
D

Deleted 15653

So your management have been trying to get in touch with you, as have the NHS, because you've been in contact with someone whos tested positive but you feel you know better, the law you enforce doesn't apply to you, and don't need to take a test. Ok then.
Cock

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
Pingdemic for most of the populous is the the excuse for the B Ark applicants to skive for a week or so.
I'm going to self Isolate in the Three Tuns.

sod the spill chucker.
The Three Tuns..
You're F%%ked mate.

Come the 3rd wave where it REALLY goes tits up, I'm fortifying The Winchester..