Ping RIFLES....event 9in September 2011 ?

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
How do ....

Two of your own are cycling from Edinburgh to London to raise a few bob for SSAFA (the people who put up the wedge to pay for Norton House near Headley Court.)

Both RIFLES wounded - plus up to 200 others. If you can ride a bike and have 5 days leave in September this year ? - SSAFA have another 100 places still left....check it out ?

http://www.arrse.co.uk/charities-we...e-challenge-edinburgh-london-sept-2011-a.html

( and now...back to the records pop-pickers...)

G'Man

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
BUMP

45 DAYS TO GO

Paul and Michael could use your support - take a look HERE

We are proud to be ambassadors for 'teamSSAFA', the part of SSAFA which raises lots of money through people who like to run, walk, cycle, swim, trek, complete triathlons, jump out of planes and any kind of 'challenge' event. We hope to inspire the public, and particularly service personnel who have been injured to raise funds for SSAFA in any of these kind of events.

We were both injured in seperate incidents in Afghanistan in 2009 with Paul losing his full sight and me, Michael losing both my legs above the knee.

We're both members of The Rifles so we're proud to be representing our regiment and the Army in support of such an old and relied upon charity. SSAFA helps almost 50,000 soldiers, sailors, airmen and their families every single year! We're going to help make sure they can keep up their essential support for our veterans and in-service personnel.

Paul,22 from South London: “My brother Joe is going to be my tandem partner but we’ve never cycled together before so we’ll be training all summer. It is going to be tough but I’m looking forward it. I ran London Marathon and the Bupa 10K for SSAFA last year and 'm running the Great North Run a week before the cycle, so I reckon I will be well able to do this!”

Michael, 21 from Bedfordshire : “I have completed shorter overseas hand bike events but this will be the ultimate challenge. “I hope I can inspire the general public to sign up to support SSAFA, as well as servicemen and women who are receiving rehabilitation at Headley Court. SSAFA helps so many families and I’m proud to be able to give something back.”

The route covers 470 miles of challenging countryside, through the rugged fells of Cumbria, the Yorkshire Dales, Lincolnshire and Cambridgeshire. On the final day, we'll all ride through the through the buzzing atmosphere of London, finishing at the iconic Horseguards Parade.
If you are ex RIFLES, send the lads' page Virgin Money Giving | Fundraising | Michael and Paul Ride Britain for SSAFA to your mates - they are at £600 so far - see if we can make it a grand by the weekend ! :)

I have trouble getting up the stairs these days mate so I think it's safe to say I'll be giving it a miss, but I'll be donating as soon as this pesky overdraft is cleared.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
I have trouble getting up the stairs these days mate so I think it's safe to say I'll be giving it a miss, but I'll be donating as soon as this pesky overdraft is cleared.
Good on yer T-S....those hand-bikes are murder - good luck to the lad, 'cos he's really gonnae need it on the upgrades.......bad enough on an ordinary Raleigh ( 3 X Sturmey-Archer gears mind....there's posh !)

Some wacko did JOGLE on a folding bike with 14 inch wheels last year.....a Rupert as I recall.....school fees are somethin' wicked these days.....

Good on yer T-S....those hand-bikes are murder - good luck to the lad, 'cos he's really gonnae need it on the upgrades.......bad enough on an ordinary Raleigh ( 3 X Sturmey-Archer gears mind....there's posh !)

Some wacko did JOGLE on a folding bike with 14 inch wheels last year.....a Rupert as I recall.....school fees are somethin' wicked these days.....
Not a problem mate. My knees are fucked, but at least I've still got them attatched, which is something quite a few of my muckers don't have the privelige of.

As I said on my thread, a good freind of mine is en-route to Headly Court because his legs are literally shot to ****.

So once again, I urge everyone to dig deep, and help our blokes.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
CALLING ALL RIFLEMEN......PAST and PRESENT

Swift & Bold you may be...but these lads REALLY need your support and right now they are only one fifth of the way to their target. GET STUCK IN GENTS !

LINKY

- Ride of Britain for SSAFA Forces Help -
21-25 September 2011

Thank you for visiting our page to make a donation in support of our upcoming challenge; a 470 mile, 5 day cycle ride from Edinburgh to London.

We are proud to be ambassadors for 'teamSSAFA', the part of SSAFA which raises lots of money through people who like to run, walk, cycle, swim, trek, complete triathlons, jump out of planes and any kind of 'challenge' event. We hope to inspire the public, and particularly service personnel who have been injured to raise funds for SSAFA in any of these kind of events.

We were both injured in seperate incidents in Afghanistan in 2009 with Paul losing his full sight and me, Michael losing both my legs above the knee.

We're both members of The Rifles so we're proud to be representing our regiment and the Army in support of such an old and relied upon charity. SSAFA helps almost 50,000 soldiers, sailors, airmen and their families every single year! We're going to help make sure they can keep up their essential support for our veterans and in-service personnel.

Paul,22 from South London: “My brother Joe is going to be my tandem partner but we’ve never cycled together before so we’ll be training all summer. It is going to be tough but I’m looking forward it. I ran London Marathon and the Bupa 10K for SSAFA last year and 'm running the Great North Run a week before the cycle, so I reckon I will be well able to do this!”

Michael, 21 from Luton: “I have completed shorter overseas hand bike events but this will be the ultimate challenge. “I hope I can inspire the general public to sign up to support SSAFA, as well as servicemen and women who are receiving rehabilitation at Headley Court. SSAFA helps so many families and I’m proud to be able to give something back.”

The route covers 470 miles of challenging countryside, through the rugged fells of Cumbria, the Yorkshire Dales, Lincolnshire and Cambridgeshire. On the final day, we'll all ride through the through the buzzing atmosphere of London, finishing at the iconic Horseguards Parade.

We need more people to join us on the Ride of Britain cycle to make this a huge success for SSAFA. Find out more or register at: Fundraising

Thank you again for sponsoring us - we hope to see some of you on your bikes riding with us to support SSAFA!

Michael & Paul