Pinch Point

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Detonator, Sep 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know where I can find a list of pinch point trades?

Is there a list on armynet I can find?

No access to the intranet.

Cheers.

2. For which Corps?

PP Trades are listed in the M&RO newsletter for the RLC.

Ammo Tech is pinch point and attracts a nice little bonus for transfer.

3. Cheers mate.

I was under the impression that there was an army wide list somewhere for transfers and recruiting.

4. Pet Op is OPP and attracts the same bonus and pay as Ammo Tech. We are infinatley more sexy and we get on better with the rest of the RLC!

5. I'm not aware of anything that is public. Talk to your RCMO. He'll have the latest list or know where one can be found.

Litotes

6. Cheers for all the help.

7. That's quite accurate, the only problem with transfering to Pet Op is he might have to work for a header like you! :D

8. Got this a bit poor I know, but so are my IT skills.
    According to other articles there are about 80 trades OPP in the forces, of which 26? are in the Army.

"The Army has a number of Career Employment Groups (CEGs) that have been declared as Operational Pinch Point (OPP). To help improve the transfer into designated OPPs the Army offers a Transfer Bonus which is payable to soldiers on successful completion of transfer. This is intended to overcome shortages in the following OPP CEGs:

RE Military Engineer C3 Systems
    Military Engineer Fitter

RLC Ammunition Technician
    Chef
    Movement Controller (only for applications submitted prior to 14 Nov 05)
    Petroleum Operator

REME Vehicle Mechanic
    Recovery Mechanic
    Armourer

Int Corps Operator Military Intelligence (Linguist)
    RAMC Radiologist

Full details of eligibility and the application form can be found in DIN 2005DIN02-187

http://www.army.mod.uk/servingsoldier/career/usefulinfo/transfers/ss_cmd_tfr_w.html#Bonus

Pretty sure most of the other trades are Medical related.

9. Does anyone know if you can move from one PP trade to another?

10. In theory, you can, but it will depend on how Glasgow feels once they have reviewed your position. So, they won't make it easy! You would have to go through the new training programme - and that takes time, so one could argue that you have just increased the problem by one for a matter of months of years!

If you indicated that you were unhappy being a Pet Op and wanted to sign off, but could be persuaded to become an Ammo Tech, for example, that might win them over.

Litotes

11. Stinker,

Well found, Sir! I searched for "pinch point" but nothing came up. So, it must be my IT skills that are lacking!

Litotes