Pinch Point Trades

Im wondering if some regiments are recruiting sooner than others and I can get in sooner with one of my choices?
Some jobs are called pinch point trades and are crying out for people. I was wondering which ones...or has that all changed now?
I can then choose a job through clearance....

alexreid said:
Im wondering if some regiments are recruiting sooner than others and I can get in sooner with one of my choices?
Some jobs are called pinch point trades and are crying out for people. I was wondering which ones...or has that all changed now?
I can then choose a job through clearance....
none of them are pinch point trades.ammunition technician

I know that some regiments are stopping advertising all together. still recruiting though. ive been told that the waiting list is a nightmare with the amount of people joining up because of the recession and stuff. but i would imagine the jobs like chefs , ammo techs and mine sweepers would be looking for people. theres a bit on the army jobs site that says what they need urgently. try there but i would say to wait for the job you really want because you may end up unhappy with what you go for.

hope this helps

Medics always seem to be over subscribed......but I'm not in a position to confirm this

RLC Chef is now fully manned and this year most short courses may not have any places when the RAP is eventually released. Current Pinch point trades include trades like
RLC Ammo Tech, Log Spec,
REME Armourer,VM, Avionics
SIG Comms Sys Op
RE Resources Spec, GEO
RAMC CMT
Int Corp
QARANC

Other possible trades include
REME Air Tech,Storeman, Metalsmith, Reccy Mech
Sig EW,Comms System Eng
RE Fitter,C3 Systems

There will be other jobs available and once RG have made their final decision it will get filtered down.......most longer trades should have places.............and Wil if you dont see your job on there dont panic it doesnt mean they wont allocate any....just wait and see

RoyogtheRovers said:
The_IRON said:
I believe that the QAs are fully manned for General nurses but are after qualified A&E and ITU nurses.
Your right that was meant to be QA HCA....this is just the wish list weve had pinged out and as said no final RAP out yet

Things are changing every day :cry:

WHy don't you actually look for a job in the army that you think you might enjoy instead of going pinch point? to then find out you don't actually want to be doing that and wasting everybodys time and money

western said:
You might want to read this before you go on

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...up-after-troop-data-reclassified-1911320.html

A similar request by Tory MP Gerald Howarth in December was blocked by Armed Forces minister Bill Rammell, who said: "Information detailing pinch-point trades has been reclassified. I am withholding the information as its disclosure would, or would be likely to, prejudice the capability, effectiveness or security of the armed forces."
Thats pretty interesting about the infantry being 10% below strength. I was under the impression that everything in the infantry was overmanned if anything. But pephaps that percentage was only taken from one regiment, and doesn't reflect the whole infantry?

Bone stupid as well?

Surfer_Smithy well said mate!!!

Go or a job you actually want to do. You dont want to get into training and think this is the wrong sort of job/trade for you when somebody who actually wanted that job may have to wait longer because of you going for pinch point trades purely to get in! (If you know what i mean?)

If you really wanted to do a certain tade/job in the Army then you would be willing to wait! Simples!

ForestFan89 said:
Surfer_Smithy well said mate!!!

Go or a job you actually want to do. You dont want to get into training and think this is the wrong sort of job/trade for you when somebody who actually wanted that job may have to wait longer because of you going for pinch point trades purely to get in! (If you know what i mean?)

If you really wanted to do a certain tade/job in the Army then you would be willing to wait! Simples!
That said, job description isn't the only thing that attracts people to the army. If so, there would only be one choice per candidate and not three. Some join for the way of life and all that.

There are some cases where two similar jobs are devided by the definition of "pinch point", and the wait of a year could catalyse the candidates choice.

Has the rap for this financial year been released to the recruiting offices yet? And I don't suppose any recruiters on here have any news on spaces for Electronics/avionics technician do they? Thanks.

dave_88 said:
Has the rap for this financial year been released to the recruiting offices yet? And I don't suppose any recruiters on here have any news on spaces for Electronics/avionics technician do they? Thanks.
what rap

Being in REME Phase 2 im under the impression Armourers, Metalsmiths and especialy VM's are now overmanned, not 100% sure as im not yet at the field army, but i know there is very little scope for transferring trade within the corp now...