• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Pilot selection, how old is "too old"?

Hello fellow arrsers

I submitted an application for pilot selection and have just received a letter from Glasgow stating that my application has been refused due to my age. I have just turned 30 in the last few weeks therefor i would be near enough 31 when starting the course(if i passed selection/grading etc)

I have been informed that i can appeal the decision but is it worth still pursuing?

Whats the oldest you know of that has started the course?

Thanks for any advice.

Hello fellow arrsers

I submitted an application for pilot selection and have just received a letter from Glasgow stating that my application has been refused due to my age. I have just turned 30 in the last few weeks therefor i would be near enough 31 when starting the course(if i passed selection/grading etc)

I have been informed that i can appeal the decision but is it worth still pursuing?

Whats the oldest you know of that has started the course?

Thanks for any advice.

Appeal if you have a time machine other than that, you're too old.

Latest Threads