Pilot Retention bonus

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by madmackem14, Jul 10, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Who else thinks that paying AAC pilots £30k as a soldier or upto £50k as an offr is an insult to the rest of us? This bonus is paid to ensure that they do not leave and go and fly on civvy st.

2. Hear, hear!

3. How come the Officers get more?

Is this a one off payment? If so, didn't they do the same for the RAF a few years back?

4. What they get a bonus just for doing their job!

5. I don't know why offrs get more. Maybe someone, somewhere thinks they are worth more.

NOT

6. Answers simple then go do the course get some hours in and shoot of to civvy street. This retention bonus was not driven by the Army, it is a tri service effort. Am fairly sure the if your individual trade becomes that bad and civvies are wanting that trade some thing similar would come your way, and of course you would turn it down..........or B

7. We got the bonus so we didn't feck off and do someone elses job.

As vortex said, it wasn't an Army or AAC driven thing, it was pre-empted by the crabs who had a shortfall of pilots.

I didn't ask for it but I certainly wasn't going to refuse it.

(It wasn't really a freeby either, the payment was in lieu of signing on for a further five years which equates to about an extra £8 a day. The £30k or £50k was taxed too so the actual payment was in the region of 18k and 24k).

8. Well being the poor pay bod that had to process an officers fri it sort of sticks in the throat when the only thing he has flown in 2 years is a desk! No i wouldnt turn down any financial incentive and that is because i would have EARNT IT. No higher rates of pay for me, no late start, no early finish, sports afternoon a distant memory from training and lunch time knock off but a dream. I acknowledge that it is a long and hard course to become a pilot, however do they include the clerks course aswell? it just seems so when all pilots THINK they know what they are entitled to. Yes i have got a cokc stand over this and now my rant is over and my soap box safely stowed.

9. Ah, ok then because I was about to suggest changing jobs and doing something about the hardships in life.

10. Choke! Lend us a tenner flashy!

11. Ok flash, fair one but remember when your pay ends up in china try tracing it to me!!!!!!!

12. Luckily, most of mine is in Switzeland. ;)

13. to right flash all these courses and job changes are availaible to all of us, so if peeps not happy fecking do something about it!!

14. Marry me yer cheapskate! I'm far better and bigger then MDN!

15. (It wasn't really a freeby either, the payment was in lieu of signing on for a further five years which equates to about an extra £8 a day. The £30k or £50k was taxed too so the actual payment was in the region of 18k and 24k).[/quote]

Oh the hardships of being a pilot. Was that £8 a day in addition to yuor already hefty pilots pay (upto £35 per day)??