Pilot -- Info request

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by big.mcsharry, May 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just watched the video that the army sent me, and I saw that the job of pilot looks well cool! So, i was just wondering, do i need to be an officer to do it or can i be an NCO or lower?? Also, how do you apply for it?

Yeah, I'm still unsure what i want to do...

2. Firstly, you need to have the dashing good looks of Brad Pitt and be as clever as Steven Hawkins (or was it the other way round?)

Secondly. There are several ways to become a pilot in the Army.

1. Direct Entry Officer into the AAC. Top 10% only need apply. Short flying career before you either resign due to lack of flying or shitty jobs or transfer to the RN or RAF.
    2. Officer from another Corps or Regiment applying for flying training. Very rare nowadays and could be a promotion stopper.
    3. Minimum rank L/Cpl with solid recommend for Cpl. Any Corps or Regiment. On successful completion of flying course, promotion to Sgt and transfer to the AAC.
    4. Already in the AAC as a groundie. Get fobbed off for about 10 years. Application paper work lost upto 12 times. Given bone reasons why you cant be a pilot by your immediate superiors (due to them failing flying grading), continue to show true grit and determination and you may be lucky enough to get onto a pilots course.
    5. Look like Idi Amin. Fail pilots course but pretend to be one even in civvy street when the Army finally realises you are as much use as tits on a fish.
  3. You'd be better looking on pprune military board, where there's a sticky, or on the aviation board here. Just remember to weed out the guff you'll get.

Yes, it is cool, driving a fanny-magnet, even as a SNCO.

Edited to add: see what I mean about the guff! :D

4. Oi! I thought the info was bang on......

Show me where its incorrect poindexter?? :D
  5. Brad Pitt has all the looks of Jimmy Harcus before puberty affected his metabolism. Plus he's a tit.