Pile Of Shite

I have never seen England play so poorly.

Shite

BB51

Old-Salt
Steve McClaren said on Sky news that his team would play with pride and passion and commitment.

Not sure if they lived upto his expectations????????????????????

I estimate their combined wages for the week was about £2,000,000. Two million pounds! Can you believe that amount of money? I'll be honest, when I see the undesirable characters in the team with their crappy, self fulfilling attitudes I actually love to see them do shite and squirm before the press.

So where was this Churchilian performance by John Terry? Actually making pubic that he 'was going to speak to the boys' made the whole thing look like a farce. They'll be back to kissing their club bagdes this weekend in a mock show of passion for the benefit of their thousands of working class paymasters. Makes me sick.

I watched Norn Ireland and I tell you all, they worked their socks off. I hope McClaren gets the sack. I aslo hope we don't qualify for the 2008 champs though we'll scrape through only to have to suffer a repeat of this bollocks much later. Fcuk off England footie team, I hate the lot of you.

Shite shite shite.

They were shite too. Can we field the Under-21's as the England Team?

Still, at least England are playing their part in keeping the Balkans happy.

:(

Trevelez said:
They were hammered on the pitch and as a consequence a good few England fans will get battered on the streets.
Why is that a natural consequence?

Surely defeat is a greater incentive for violence?

Right, stupid question. 2,000,000 pounds a week, and it's a national football team. So where does the money come from. Being paid stupid amounts by a regular club I can understand, but where does the money come from for a national team and why is it so high?

Death_Rowums said:
Right, stupid question. 2,000,000 pounds a week, and it's a national football team. So where does the money come from. Being paid stupid amounts by a regular club I can understand, but where does the money come from for a national team and why is it so high?
Players do not get "paid" by the FA, but they can recieve bonuses on wins etc which the FA draws from sponsership deals - I dont think many bonuses were earned last night

BB_for_Short said:
Steve McClaren said on Sky news that his team would play with pride and passion and commitment.

Not sure if they lived upto his expectations????????????????????
They most certainly didn't. I'd like them to play for pride, but they insist on playing for money.

I think the press has gone overboard on Robbo, when the ball leaps away from your foot you just have to laugh. Mind you, if it had happened to Calamity James I'd think differently, but that's the sort of person I am. A hypocrite.

is it me or is Lampard completely over-rated? - he can't pass, can't hold the ball, hasn't scored for ages (even Chelsea won't let him take penalties anymore) and talks bo11ox. Terry's not much better and Ferdinand played like a donkey.

Neville's well past his sell by date and Rooney with Crouch is like watch Sid Little and Eddie Large in pro-am match.

Why don't we put a manager in who picks people because they're good now, not because they have been good once, and use people in their natural positions - not Rio on the right when he normally plays on the left.

Wright-Phillips and Lennon + Coker and the bloke that scored two for the under 21's the other night should all be given permanent places. We want managers who play on gut-feel and passion, not 4-4-2 systems and £2.5m p.a. wages. For that money you'd think he'd get a better hair-do.

5 across the middle using G Neville and Ashley on the flanks, they're both fecking defenders so no wonder we didn't press them in the final third.

It was discusting to watch no passion, no flair and a lack of ability to do even the simple things right. I know we were missing Gerrard, Joe Cole and possibly Lennonfor but with that team we should of done them.

Poor Paul Robbinson though, it wasn't his fault but that one's going to haunt him for a while.

Hmmm, welll having had the odd experience as a 'keeper, I sympathise with robbo. It was only coz he was having a great match we didn't get stuffed.

On the other hand, what the fcuk? How bad were we? I don't think the 3-5-2 system works with that starting line-up. Neville and Cole are attacking defenders anyway, and they overlap, allowing the wingers, (usually Gerrard or Downing) to come inside and boss the midfield as they are covered.

Trouble was last night Neville and Cole were neither attacking or defending sufficiently, thus we lacked support in both areas. I believe this led to the first goal as the Croation wasn't adequetly picked up, even though there were 4 England players in the box.

Interesting substitution, pity it didn't pay off.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
skid2 Classified Ads 23
FailyScaley The Intelligence Cell 0
B42T The NAAFI Bar 7