Pikeys Looting Bovingdon Ranges for Scrap Metal.

B

Biscuits_AB

120mm HESH Prac. Filled with 'highly explosive'...concrete. Look at the cellulite on those ******* thighs. Now that's ******* criminal.

(and that 'Chieftain'?.....is actually a 'Centurion'...which only has a 105mm barrel)

I like the photo of the prototype Chieftain, it looks quite a lot like a late Centurion. The ammo looks in good nick for stuff that's been in the sea for 30-40 years. That's quality that is.

120mm HESH Prac. Filled with 'highly explosive'...concrete. Look at the cellulite on those ******* thighs. Now that's ******* criminal.

(and that 'Chieftain'?.....is actually a 'Centurion'...which only has a 105mm barrel)
Maybe!! Although the white bands could indicate WP....

Now that would be entertaining..

All jokes and innuendo aside for a moment.

Any Tankies in here who can comment on what gets fired on Bovingdon? I remember reading somewhere in the deep and distant it was only inert training rounds.

Mind you there has been a military presence here since <WW1 so inert firing if it is true may not have always been the case.

Not sure who are the bigger idiots, the ones with the ordnance, or the mong with the phone who's first thought was, 'lets take a picture to post on facebook', rather than.'Hello, Police, yes, they're walking off the range with shells'

No joke or innuendo intended, I assure you. I hate the thieving ******* as much as it is possible to hate a bunch of cheating mongs who live like parasites off the rest of us.

A couple of years ago they used a digger on the back of a truck to haul 40m of telephone cable out of the ground near our village, and in doing so, destroyed another 900m. This cut off two large villages and five hamlets for ten days - total pissed-off population of around 3500 people. They are a blight on the country and I wish them all a dose of the raging shits combined with explosive bouts of sneezing.

tac

Any Tankies in here who can comment on what gets fired on Bovingdon? I remember reading somewhere in the deep and distant it was only inert training rounds.

Mind you there has been a military presence here since <WW1 so inert firing if it is true may not have always been the case.
BovingTon was never a tank range, what the piece is on about is Lulworth, some 8 miles away. BovingDon is in Hertfordshire :wink:

As far as I know all natures of ammunition were used. Whilst at JLR RAC I was dibbed to scurry around at the BAEE 86 (British Army Equipment Exhibition) hosted by Bovington that year. I distinctly recall HESH, APFSDS being fired along with some CAS and Arty natures.

It was unlikely that a trainee would fire HESH in basic, I know I never did in my trg at Warcop, although we did fire SH PRAC (Squash Head Practice) & DST (Discarding Sabot Trainer). So it's fair to say that the majority of rds were practice, although I can't comment on what the guys did on their Gunner Mech (B1) and Gunnery instructor courses

Maybe!! Although the white bands could indicate WP....

Now that would be entertaining..
The "White bands" are , in fact the copper driving bands of the round.

The left round in the pic is SH-Prac, if is were service HESH the tail assembly is entirely different. The other round is probably Prac. As others have said, they probably have no idea.

120mm HESH has been fired on Lulworth range, I have no idea if this is still the case.

BTW, If it were a 120mm smoke(WP) round, the the entire round is painted Nile(Light)Green, no banding is involved.

Filled with High Explosive Substitute - a wax based substance designed to give the Projectile the same ballistic performance as a HESH round. And it looks like she injected it into her thighs, the fat tart.

Those were planked down the range at Warminster, and from my range safety and clearance days they were inert. So the prospects of combustible pikeys diminishes!
Could be wrong though!!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W The NAAFI Bar 42
IdleAdjt Current Affairs, News and Analysis 12
C The NAAFI Bar 70