Pikey Watch

Recently some travellers took up residence in the car park next to Reading Rowing Club, until they were moved on by due legal process about two weeks ago.

Last Sunday morning members of the club arrived to find that two of their tenders which are used for coaching had disappeared. They were found on the opposite bank of the river without their outboard motors.

Connected?

Recently some travellers took up residence in the car park next to Reading Rowing Club, until they were moved on by due legal process about two weeks ago.

Last Sunday morning members of the club arrived to find that two of their tenders which are used for coaching had disappeared. They were found on the opposite bank of the river without their outboard motors.

Connected?
It would be entirely in proper for us to jump to such....yes.

Connected?
Actually surprising they left anything at all......

cent05zr70

On ROPS
On ROPs
The legality of this one confused me at the time and I still don't get it now.

If they turn up in a car park somewhere then I get why making them leave is a civil matter. When they cut off a padlock to get in and chase the security guard off then why isn't that breaking and entering?
Ref the padlock thing, they say it was like that when we got here. I've had it a couple of times.

Ref the padlock thing, they say it was like that when we got here. I've had it a couple of times.
They get someone to go in earlier and just cut the lock and leave, then when they turn up later they can claim it was already unlocked/like that when we arrived.
It's a scam used by squatters too.

They often have an advance party that sorts out that sort of prep work in case there’s CCTV. They go armed with the bolt cutters and grinders to take off any inconvenient items that prevent entry, then 30 minutes later an innocent travelling law-abiding family just happen to stumble upon an unlocked area of ground that seem to be an open invitation for them. How were they to know they may be trespassing?

EDIT: Wot Kirkz said... he's got faster fingers....

Happened several times on our industrial estate before we installed CCTV and a roving patrol.

We also have a pikey watch alert service via our local Groundworks organisation.

They often have an advance party that sorts out that sort of prep work in case there’s CCTV. They go armed with the bolt cutters and grinders to take off any inconvenient items that prevent entry, then 30 minutes later an innocent travelling law-abiding family just happen to stumble upon an unlocked area of ground that seem to be an open invitation for them. How were they to know they may be trespassing?

EDIT: Wot Kirkz said... he's got faster fingers....
Open/left lying around=no one wants it=yours to take. Pikey logic.