Pikey Watch

Sensible answers please it's a serious matter.
over the past 14 months my mate has been subject to an extortion attempt by a "well known " local pikey.
demands for ,compensation, range between £ 10/ 15 grand to start with.
if he goes to the police he had not a lot of evidence apart from calls to his insurance broker and recorded phone calls. Does this sort of thing tend to go away if you don't play ball? He has two official departments of local government clear his business of any wrong doing but Mr pikey " knows where you live"
Seriously. Log every incident past, present and future. Collate as much 'evidence' as they can. At least claim 'Harassment' as it is onoing, either "8/30-Putting people in fear of violence" if he even feels threatened, don't even have to be a threat made or just plane old "195/94 Harassment." (don't tell plod the crimes, let them joint the dots). If there is also any deception involved then there is an indident of 'Fraud' contact "Action Fraud". There maybe a case for 'Blackmail' if/as he has received menaces. Just log everything, even call 101 and they will log it officially. Beware there will probably be an investigation to follow.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
You're all on a charge so I might as well go ohm.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I have a reluctance to continue after these negative responses.
I suppose that means you're experiencing some sort of impedance then.