Pikey Watch

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Pikeys come to a rich area

But after Lady Annabel’s son Zac – the local Conservative MP who lives yards away – tweeted about the illegal camp, police were sparked into prompt action.
After officers turned up yesterday afternoon in two riot vans, the travellers promptly left – leaving behind only piles of rubbish.
Mr Goldsmith had said on Thursday: ‘Ham Common has been taken over by travellers. Police and Council are on the case. Not the friendliest atmosphere.’

Shows what can be done if the police want to get off there fat arses
odd that the bugger dont pay much tax, and he gets that assistance ???

Prior to becoming an MP, Goldsmith had non-domiciled status;[45] in February 2016, The Evening Standard quoted Goldsmith saying that non-domiciled status let individuals "make lifestyle choices to avoid paying tax" and insisting "I've never been accused of not paying tax."[46] In 2009, however, Chris Huhne, Liberal Democrat home affairs spokesman, asserted that Goldsmith was likely to have avoided paying £580,000 per year for each year in the previous decade as a result of his non-dom status.[47

A few have set up shop next to a particularly unpleasant East Leeds council estate. Last time they did that it was over in a few hours, with WYP moving them on up the A1. Apparently, this lot have lasted 48 hours without incident.

The real fun begins when a romance develops between two teenagers from each tribe, or one patriarch attempts to muscle in on the scaffolding/drug dealing/copper stealing business of the other. Or someone puts stolen plant through the front of a double axel caravan/LUFC flag draped red brick.

I say “fun” and I actually mean “hideous violence”
That sounds like a ‘win, win’ for the rest of us. Chav Estate scum and traveller scum squaring up to each other? Let’s just keep a respectful distance and hope they cancel each other out.
It gives me a warm glow, similar to the feeling I used to get when Republican (or Loyalist) terrorists indulged in a spot of ‘in house cleansing’ and we’d have a few weeks of tit for tat killings between PIRA, RIRA, INLA etc. While they are doing that sort of thing, they’re not bothering the rest of us! :smile:

Last edited:
IF someone is available they'll attend. If no one is available they won't. Finite resources.
Sadly, nowadays, most decent hard working tax payers don't believe this. Hypothetically speaking, if it was an MP, councillor, clergy etc. resources magically appear. If it is Joe soap, tuff titties bud!

So much for the people being the police and the police being the people.

Not all pikeys are bad, there's David Essex and .......................err.....................ummm..................................feck it.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
A few have set up shop next to a particularly unpleasant East Leeds council estate. Last time they did that it was over in a few hours, with WYP moving them on up the A1. Apparently, this lot have lasted 48 hours without incident.

The real fun begins when a romance develops between two teenagers from each tribe, or one patriarch attempts to muscle in on the scaffolding/drug dealing/copper stealing business of the other. Or someone puts stolen plant through the front of a double axel caravan/LUFC flag draped red brick.

I say “fun” and I actually mean “hideous violence”
sounds like NHI either way.

Exactly what would you have had Lancs Police do, given that there are rarely enough officers in any town to cope with the local crime/ASB etc? Offer a solution.

The ball is firmly in the Police's court; no excuses. The State has an absolute monopoly of violence, and an absolute monopoly of criminal justice. The State took away these functions from private subjects, and delivers them in return for taxation. If the State can or will no longer deliver protection from criminality, then it will have to relinquish these monopolies.

A rhetorical argument, of course. We know the country is bankrupt, and that all institutions of State less for welfare have been canabalised to pay for that welfare. An outcome of this is that the policing model of the past century or so is now crumbling, and debates about public service, society and criminality that reached a consensus in the late nineteenth century are now once again reigniting.

odd that the bugger dont pay much tax, and he gets that assistance ???

Prior to becoming an MP, Goldsmith had non-domiciled status;[45] in February 2016, The Evening Standard quoted Goldsmith saying that non-domiciled status let individuals "make lifestyle choices to avoid paying tax" and insisting "I've never been accused of not paying tax."[46] In 2009, however, Chris Huhne, Liberal Democrat home affairs spokesman, asserted that Goldsmith was likely to have avoided paying £580,000 per year for each year in the previous decade as a result of his non-dom status.[47
Change the game,not the player

The ball is firmly in the Police's court; no excuses. The State has an absolute monopoly of violence, and an absolute monopoly of criminal justice. The State took away these functions from private subjects, and delivers them in return for taxation. If the State can or will no longer deliver protection from criminality, then it will have to relinquish these monopolies.

A rhetorical argument, of course. We know the country is bankrupt, and that all institutions of State less for welfare have been canabalised to pay for that welfare. An outcome of this is that the policing model of the past century or so is now crumbling, and debates about public service, society and criminality that reached a consensus in the late nineteenth century are now once again reigniting.
Very good points, almost all of which I agree with. I like that you place criminal justice on the State - the police have no say in what happens when cases reach court (or not, the CPS being what it is). The Peelian model of policing by consent is still largely supported - yes the Dixon of Dock Green approach is pretty much gone, there are not the officers for it and it really doesn't satisfy the needs of a modern society though when I do get out on foot patrol, usually early in the morning in the town centre (with the car not too far away) the response is positive from the public. Likewise if we have enough officers to man the vehicles on a Saturday night the rest will patrol on foot and/or debus which is a great tool for defusing trouble before it happens - but it is very manpower intensive - a foot patrol officer has a far smaller operational radius than a vehicle [sorry, that sounds patronising - not intended to be]. I do not know what to do about the surge in knife crime in inner cities (which is slowly spreading out) or the relentless increase in drug usage (including alcohol). I wish I did, but I don't. I have a rough idea what to do if the person in front of me pulls a knife (most of it involves hoping that TASER or firearms equipped officers are not to far away) but as my tutor officer told me on day one out of training.' You can only deal with what's in front of you'.
I hold little truck for any politician at the moment. The Conservatives overcut which resulted in a net reduction of 22000 officers nationwide and the prospect of a Corbyn/Abbott Home Office fills me with genuine fear for what the job might become. Round our way, if you genuinely need police NOW then you'll get us - our control room [ultimately the Inspector on duty there] will apportion assets to jobs and I have been on my way to an immediate grade (blues and twos) only to be diverted to something more serious. If it can wait a bit then we will get to you when we can and if it can be sorted over the phone that's what the team in HQ who do that will do. All we ask is that people are reasonable and please, FFS stop calling us because someone has been nasty about you on Faceache!!!

People keep asking me if I enjoy the Job - I tell them 'I don't know - I'm glad I'm doing it because it is far harder than anything I ever did in the Army and it challenges me so much, but I 'm still not sure if I actually enjoy it yet'

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
The Conservatives overcut which resulted in a net reduction of 22000 officers nationwide
That has been the root of nearly all the problems the police presently have. Hate to bring politics into all this but it was May who decided more could be done with less.

I see that Zak goldsmith has come in for some criticism on this thread.

Well just don't.

He has a get out of jail free card because his sister is essence of the finest order.
Jemima Khan deserves respect for being the ultimate batchelorette.

An outcome of this is that the policing model of the past century or so is now crumbling, and debates about public service, society and criminality that reached a consensus in the late nineteenth century are now once again reigniting.
Clearly the way forward is a policing model thus, in that case:-

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I see that Zak goldsmith has come in for some criticism on this thread.

Well just don't.

He has a get out of jail free card because his sister is essence of the finest order.
Jemima Khan deserves respect for being the ultimate batchelorette.
Pikey or not.

That has been the root of nearly all the problems the police presently have. Hate to bring politics into all this but it was May who decided more could be done with less.
Maybe if May and the rest of them managed and spent the money more efficiently then they could afford to run the country properly, with schools, hospital beds, doctors, nurses and GPS, and cops sufficient to the requirements.

If they hadn't rapidly expanded the population since 1997 without expanding infrastructure - no; if they just hadn't rapidly expanded the population, full stop - then we might not have such other problems and deal properly with pikey scum.

Oh, wait - fuckin' political correctness and agendas...

Maybe if May and the rest of them managed and spent the money more efficiently then they could afford to run the country properly, with schools, hospital beds, doctors, nurses and GPS, and cops sufficient to the requirements.

If they hadn't rapidly expanded the population since 1997 without expanding infrastructure - no; if they just hadn't rapidly expanded the population, full stop - then we might not have such other problems and deal properly with pikey scum.

Oh, wait - fuckin' political correctness and agendas...
We have a winnah!

Especially as the whole government budget is based on a population some 4-5 million less than it is in reality.

Thanks Tone, you piece of shit traitor...

My council also has a Traveller Liaison Officer who is an ex copper.

I'm on first name terms with him due to some regularly visiting gyppos in the vicinity of my village.

The needs of the travellers always comes first, child support issues, health issues, offers of permanent camp site residency et-*******-cetera.

As long as I keep skidding in human shite whilst out running on the local country paths (coincidentally located near recent gyppo camps) then life is good.

Apparently.
Would you please ask your friend why it would be so hard to to descend on one of their rats nests with the full alphabet soup of agencies? I believe these vermin don't have to pay vehicle tax, income tax, court fines or anything however they seem to share a common , clampable interest.

Really? Well I'm sure my Inspector and Code Sgt would welcome your expertise and knowledge of the whereabouts of all these bodies that allow a 'mob handed' approach 'when it suits them'. You might be referring to planned operations which can only be achieved by hoping the dog/MoE/PSU officers you have booked haven't been called away because your search warrant is the lowest priority there is or Trump style ops which can only be accomplished by cancelling leave and rest days. Chuck in a high risk missing person and a domestic or two and there might be one officer for an area of 300 square miles with several towns, a whole load of tourists and the nearest back up 20 minutes away. To be honest, in those situations unoccupied semi-redundant (Thwaites were already moving production) commercial property is always going to come a very distant second to 'life and limb' calls. Like it? Not really, but that's just how it is.

I've watched Heartbeat mate - I know you all drink in my local.