Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pikey Watch

Just find an old quarry and chuck a load of old washing machines and bikes in there wait for the word to spread then the arrival of several hundred transit flatbeds.
Shut the gates.....Ooh what's that Siren screams......."Caution Blasting!" And repeat.

Last edited:
Or for anything else. Neighbour's just been telling me her son's tyre business was ripped off to tune of £400 by "two Irishmen" wanting four tyres on their van. They then claimed, when presented with the bill, that the fitted had damaged the van. Made threats. Police called. Made more threats in front of police, who did jack. Threatened to stop him trading by parking all their caravans on the forecourt so no-one could get in or out, again in front of police.

Personally, I'd have, away from the police, said that any caravans found on my forecourt would five minutes later be replaced with piles of ash on my forecourt.

More abuse and threats. Matey-boy eventually tells them to just go - and plod let them - as they are threatening his daughter with rape and pushing the fitters around. Whilst plod stand by (five of them).

Potatomen smile and say, "See you in six months, then." They'll be telling all the other potatos that they've found a soft touch for free tyres and they'll come one after the other, the thieving inbred scum.

One of them pulled the same trick on a mechanic mate of mine, refusing to pay after aftermarket parts had already been fitted and the car extensively modded to accommodate them. Threatened to come back with more of them and burn his garage down. My mate filled him in.

One of them pulled the same trick on a mechanic mate of mine, refusing to pay after aftermarket parts had already been fitted and the car extensively modded to accommodate them. Threatened to come back with more of them and burn his garage down. My mate filled him in.
The problem is, and I am ashamed to say it is the way society is. The general populous has become soft. I am only near a half century old but my father and god rest my grandfather would not stand for that shit.
However when I told my son 24 years old that I was busting post holes out with a 5st Jackhammer outfit last week he shit bricks. I just said yeah my back and shoulders have had a work out, I will be in bed for a day but crack on.
The "do as you likeys" are pretty well tempered round here, they know their place, the only issues are around horse fair time but otherwise not really an issue.
I may not approve that they pay fuck all in and I do, but that is not just travellers/gypsies/pikies/tinkers.
There are the untermenschen that do far worse, far far worse and GDPR will not allow but I have seen some of the figures. I am not supporting the pikey cause one bit, but some of the doley fuckers round here.
Before lockdown a doley young man came into my local, while I just happened to be speaking to a "scrap metal dealer" to remove my old cooker etc. This young lad, stood there in a 4 star hotel, and said "Oh I'm not so bad it's pay day today! "
I honestly thought there would be blood, As bad as they can be at times this guy works seven days a week, he actually pays taxes etc, poor boy ran a fucking mile.
I know it's rare but it does prove a point.
I still don't trust them one fucking bit, but some have some morals loitering about.

Last edited:

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
The problem is, and I am ashamed to say it is the way society is. The general populous has become soft. I am only near a half century old but my father and god rest my grandfather would not stand for that shit.
However when I told my son 24 years old that I was busting post holes out with a 5st Jackhammer outfit last week he shit bricks. I just said yeah my back and shoulders have had a work out, I will be in bed for a day but crack on.
The "do as you likeys" are pretty well tempered round here, they know their place, the only issues are around horse fair time but otherwise not really an issue.
I may not approve that they pay **** all in and I do, but that is not just travellers/gypsies/pikies/tinkers.
There are the untermenschen that do far worse, far far worse and GDPR will not allow but I have seen some of the figures. I am not supporting the pikey cause one bit, but some of the doley ******* round here.
Before lockdown a doley young man came into my local, while I just happened to be speaking to a "scrap metal dealer" to remove my old cooker etc. This young lad, stood there in a 4 star hotel, and said "Oh I'm not so bad it's pay day today! "
I honestly thought there would be blood, As bad as they can be at times this guy works seven days a week, he actually pays taxes etc, poor boy ran a ******* mile.
I know it's rare but it does prove a point.
I still don't trust them one ******* bit, but some have some morals loitering about.
No. A lot of those who 'police by consent' take the side of those who don't consent to being policed.

If you don't get the backing of the authorities when you make a stand, you're buggered.

No. A lot of those who 'police by consent' take the side of those who don't consent to being policed.

If you don't get the backing of the authorities when you make a stand, you're buggered.
Not strictly true. Legally I am 100 percent with your statement. However when you live somewhere with a well established "community" it polices itself most of the time. No disrespect to our Constables at all, but more than a tickle and an 80 quid Public Order chit that will never be paid is needed.
Please feel free to disagree, I see it day in day out.
Two sites in my town and five o will not go anywhere near!

Not strictly true. Legally I am 100 percent with your statement. However when you live somewhere with a well established "community" it polices itself most of the time. No disrespect to our Constables at all, but more than a tickle and an 80 quid Public Order chit that will never be paid is needed.
Please feel free to disagree, I see it day in day out.
Two sites in my town and five o will not go anywhere near!
Sounds like you need a good mortar platoon.

Or for anything else. Neighbour's just been telling me her son's tyre business was ripped off to tune of £400 by "two Irishmen" wanting four tyres on their van. They then claimed, when presented with the bill, that the fitted had damaged the van. Made threats. Police called. Made more threats in front of police, who did jack. Threatened to stop him trading by parking all their caravans on the forecourt so no-one could get in or out, again in front of police.
Every tyre shop I've used has expected payment before putting their tyres on your wheels. The story may be apocryphal or it may be true. .

NSP

LE
Every tyre shop I've used has expected payment before putting their tyres on your wheels. The story may be apocryphal or it may be true. .
He didn't ask me for payment up front - but he knows me and knows where I live, so...

But, from what I saw whilst I was waiting for my fit, he works on trust and takes payment on delivery.

Indeed, I've never paid up front for any service on my car, be it a service, and exhaust, brakes, whatever. Nor would I, until I'd seen the work had been done good and true.

And there's nothing apocryphal about his calling Plod and them doing fuck all.

Cromarty

Old-Salt

I don't know how it works in the United Kingdom of Pikeys, but..

In Oz a few years back "management" told us not to arrest certain people for certain things and to not bother other people in a specific area. We ignored the instructions as they were committing offences or had warrants out for their arrest. Senior manager comes to shift brief to give us a bollocking and reinforce the instructions.

One of my more senior colleagues asks for the instructions in writing. Manager asks why and is told that his instructions constituted perverting the course of justice and it would give senior member much pleasure to arrest and charge any in management with said offence. Problem solved.

Last edited:
But, from what I saw whilst I was waiting for my fit, he works on trust and takes payment on delivery.

Indeed, I've never paid up front for any service on my car, be it a service, and exhaust, brakes, whatever. Nor would I, until I'd seen the work had been done good and true.

In my experience, Plod doing fcuk all is their standard procedure; 'civil matter' is their usual response. To be fair to them, they won't tackle travellers because they cannot deploy the numbers required to control them. IMHO, you'd want something like a 3:1 advantage with liberal application of CS gas, Tazers and batons, armed response bods standing by and the appropriate people to deal with vicious trained dogs. It's not going to happen anytime soon.

I'm in London and trust of any sort is an foreign concept. I've got tyres from Costco for about 10 years; you pick your tyres, pay and come back in half an hour. I can't recall ever being asked to pay after the tyres had been fitted anywhere else.

Last edited:

Chef

LE
I don't know how it works in the United Kingdom of Pikeys, but..

In Oz a few years back "management" told us not to arrest certain people for certain things and to not bother other people in a specific area. We ignored the instructions as they were committing offences or had warrants out for their arrest. Senior manager comes to shift brief to give us a bollocking and reinforce the instructions.

One of my more senior colleagues asks for the instructions in writing. Manager asks why and is told that his instructions constituted perverting the course justice and it would give senior member much pleasure to arrest and charge any in management with said offence. Problem solved.
It's amazing how often asking for verbal instructions to be written down, signed and dated results in much harumphing and no further action to be taken on the matter.

Almost as if they know they're sailing close to the wind but want deniability.

Imagine if the knights had asked Henry II

'Rid you of a turbulent priest? No worries but could you sign and date this chit your majesty?'

Thomas Becket would be alive today.

I've never been asked for payment up front, maybe I just have an honest face.

Kirkz

LE
It's amazing how often asking for verbal instructions to be written down, signed and dated results in much harumphing and no further action to be taken on the matter.

Almost as if they know they're sailing close to the wind but want deniability.

Imagine if the knights had asked Henry II

'Rid you of a turbulent priest? No worries but could you sign and date this chit your majesty?'

Thomas Becket would be alive today.
Well I imagine someone called that might be but I doubt the one from Henry II day would be.

Chef

LE
Well I imagine someone called that might be but I doubt the one from Henry II day would be.
Ahem, they never caught Jack the Ripper. So he's still at large.

Latest Threads