Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pikey Watch

Maybe they could consider recruiting a volunteer force just to enforce these rules, I suspect there would be no lack of potential recruits.
As in "introduce a pikey" to local culture?

By the introduction of meetings between local culture cricket bats and diddly Dee pikey skulls?

Followed by internment in local quarry/lake or just left roadside like badgers?

Irish pikies are a problem in Italy now.
they go on mass to the touristy areas on their holibobs.
steal hire boats, leave camp sites like a shit hole without paying, eat and drink out and run off without paying, steal from the human holidaymakers tents and caravans on sites, the usual stuff.

Hopefully they'll do it to someone from "the family" one day and they'll get the Billy Bats treatment by an angry Joe Pesci lookalike.

ITV Meridian last night
Footage of two traps being raced on a main road near West Malling in Kent. A well known traveller hot spot. Three vehicles were following the traps, actually crashing into each other, with one being forced onto the grass verge. No regard for other cars coming in the opposite direction.
Apparently they were racing to be crowned King of the Road.
No footage on the iTV site though.

syrup

LE
Once again they decide to show the general law abiding public that pikeys can live outside of the law

Problem is the police and Government have allowed them to be a law until themselves.
Once they were allowed to tick a box with gypsy / traveller as an ethnic group it opened up a world of hurt.

Pickey camps are simply gated communities where they don't allow anyone who they don't know on site
They've no interest in the law they do what they want and have become very adept at playing the race card and claiming they are being discriminated against
Most coppers won't go near a traveller camp

ACAB

LE
Whilst I was a police officer in Kent Police I always addressed members of the public as mate. Calling them Sir was tantamount to prostrating yourself at their feet.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Whilst I was a police officer in Kent Police I always addressed members of the public as mate. Calling them Sir was tantamount to prostrating yourself at their feet.
Even if done with the requisite amounts of sarcasm?

I've been called 'Sir' by a copper in the past but I know he didn't mean it. :-D

Probably why you were addressed in less than reverential terms yourself.

If I address you as "Officer" when I start a conversation with you then I expect a degree of reciprocation. That's called being polite.

(ETA: although that depends upon the level of conversation you're having with them I suppose)

Last edited:
A bit of humour for a change. If you have ever watched Bugsy Malone, you will remember this song. Like the original, it ends with the biggest, toughest meanest one asking to have him in the ring.

A bit of humour for a change. If you have ever watched Bugsy Malone, you will remember this song. Like the original, it ends with the biggest, toughest meanest one asking to have him in the ring.

Some of them even made it to TOTP!

Sorry @WolvoExPunk , you forced my hand!! :)

Chef

LE

The area's far too clean. Has anyone ever seen an extended line of travellers walking slowly across a potential campsite dropping fag butts, used nappies and similar rubbish before moving in?

The principles of the cosmic balance demands that there must be a balance for squaddies picking up leaves and stuff off drill squares.

Probably why you were addressed in less than reverential terms yourself.

If I address you as "Officer" when I start a conversation with you then I expect a degree of reciprocation. That's called being polite.

(ETA: although that depends upon the level of conversation you're having with them I suppose)
Addressing them as CUNTstable usually gets them onside. Especially if you don't make it too obvious.

Reminds me of my former next-door neighbour, ex USAF Vietnam Veteran, who loved his 'grill', which he would invariably light with fluid.
The first time I smelled it, I peered over the fence with a cheery "Ah; combusting hydrocarbons, charred flesh; I knew it was you!"
He just laughed and replied "Yeah; I love the smell of Napalm in the morning!".

Latest Threads