Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pikey Watch

I've had thankfully few dealings with Peel's finest, I've never been arrested and the only thing I've had ever was a speeding fine back in the 80s.

When I was a victim of crime, not that many years ago, I lost all faith in them. I was called mate several times when I had to go to a police station to prove who I was ffs. No, they can kiss my puckered starfish as far as I'm concerned. People say the problems are with the senior officers, that may be the case, but from my perspective many of the ones much lower down the tree are ******* useless.
I wonder if there will come a point when people will start bypassing the police and courts, turning instead to some kind of vigilantism for protection and punishment.

I don't want to romanticise the Krays and their ilk, but it isn't hard to see the appeal of turning to people like that for protection and to keep their communities safe for regular people. Paying for protection might not seem very wholesome but if they keep the pikeys, joyriders, and drug dealers away then it will appeal to many.

I'm sure some of the police officers on here will accuse me of naivete, of believing the cliche of it being safe for your grandmother to walk the streets after dark and so on. But the reason it became a cliche was because it contained some truth.

If the police and criminal justice system can't take criminals off the streets to protect the public, then the public will turn to something that can.

Pikeys were sniffing around our little village this morning.
Our friendly neighborhood lunatic Sapper just happened to stroll out with a felling Axe over his shoulder and not very politely told them to fuck off.
Police turned up.
Nobody saw anything apart from him walking down to cut logs for the elderly bloke on the corner.

I never heard a word about "Irish bastard and decapitation"

49er

On ROPS
On ROPs
I wonder if there will come a point when people will start bypassing the police and courts, turning instead to some kind of vigilantism for protection and punishment.

I don't want to romanticise the Krays and their ilk, but it isn't hard to see the appeal of turning to people like that for protection and to keep their communities safe for regular people. Paying for protection might not seem very wholesome but if they keep the pikeys, joyriders, and drug dealers away then it will appeal to many.

I'm sure some of the police officers on here will accuse me of naivete, of believing the cliche of it being safe for your grandmother to walk the streets after dark and so on. But the reason it became a cliche was because it contained some truth.

If the police and criminal justice system can't take criminals off the streets to protect the public, then the public will turn to something that can.
You have just described the origins of the Mafia.

49er

On ROPS
On ROPs
Our friendly neighborhood lunatic Sapper just happened to stroll out with a felling Axe over his shoulder and not very politely told them to **** off.
Police turned up.
Nobody saw anything apart from him walking down to cut logs for the elderly bloke on the corner.

Someone heard or saw something and rang Plod.
A quiet word in the tosse
Our friendly neighborhood lunatic Sapper just happened to stroll out with a felling Axe over his shoulder and not very politely told them to **** off.
Police turned up.

Find the twat that called Plod. He is anti-social.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
wow is that a deltic ??
No, it's a class 37. Usually DRS owned class 37s or else Class 68s depending on what's available.

Still a few in use around the west coast. They have been doing a couple of turns from Lancaster to Carlisle instead of DMUs.

Deltics are all in the NRM or else preserved railways.

Someone heard or saw something and rang Plod.
A quiet word in the tosse

Find the twat that called Plod. He is anti-social.
Nobody in the village rang.
I think the pikeys called them..

He's a nice guy, helps people out etc.. Just a bit, how can you put it.. Intolerant of fuckwits and he hates pikeys.. And I know the mad bastard looks in here.. But, everyone in the village knows that if they need something shifting or need a hand he will help. All round decent bloke, but has a short fuse.

49er

On ROPS
On ROPs

He's a nice guy, helps people out etc.. Just a bit, how can you put it.. Intolerant of fuckwits and he hates pikeys.. And I know the mad bastard looks in here.. But, everyone in the village knows that if they need something shifting or need a hand he will help. All round decent bloke, but has a short fuse.
A good neighbour,regardless of fuse.

A good neighbour,regardless of fuse.
Most definitely.
Snow.. He's the first out with a shovel... First at chucking snowballs as well.
The concrete boxes with flowers in, he sorts them out every spring. He's a bit of a rough diamond tbh.. Really nice bloke, drinks like a thirsty fish, rides a monster bike.. But he's an 18 stone skinhead who is a really gentle person until you upset him.. I want to say Jekyll and Hyde.. But it's not the right concept

Tyk

LE

Maybe he called Plod himself with some message implying should a felling axe be employed in a manner not entirely in the design specs then it's not his fault that Plod don't discourage the pikey's in the first place.
Either way he sounds a solid neighbour to have around :)

People didn’t turn to the Krays, they were frightened and intimidated by them into obeying their whim. They were nothing but parasitic scum.

Last edited:
Maybe he called Plod himself with some message implying should a felling axe be employed in a manner not entirely in the design specs then it's not his fault that Plod don't discourage the pikey's in the first place.
He's solid.
A neighbours daughter, her boyfriend getting a little too physical got gripped and had a talking at. One way conversation, he got in his car and left.
Lockdown.. Elderly people. He went out with a notepad and took lists for shopping... None needed tbh, but he did it because he could.

49er

On ROPS
On ROPs
He's solid.
A neighbours daughter, her boyfriend getting a little too physical got gripped and had a talking at. One way conversation, he got in his car and left.
Lockdown.. Elderly people. He went out with a notepad and took lists for shopping... None needed tbh, but he did it because he could.
You are the axe wielding Saint and I demand my £5 or I tell Plod.

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
Police turned up.

The bloke with the axe - it wasn't @Steamboat Jonesy was it?

Aim for the knees or the eye. Depending what one wishes to achieve.

Despite what folks wish to believe, a .22 will penetrate a human skull quite easily from most angles. Not something you want deforming and bouncing about in your head cavity.

Aim for the knees or the eye. Depending what one wishes to achieve.

Despite what folks wish to believe, a .22 will penetrate a human skull quite easily from most angles. Not something you want deforming and bouncing about in your head cavity.
I have more 5.56 and 7.62 then .22 LR. I think I might have misread the acquisition plan, and mixed up some numbers...

Latest Threads