Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pikey Watch

I'll no doubt expect the SNP to declare this an outrage and invite more of them to Scotland to continue their naughty lifestyles just to prove how good a European they are.

That would be a fair solution, they love immigrants (as long as they're not English) after all

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
We have stayed on campsites all over Europe,but never in Italy.
Never happened across Pikeys,must be lucky.
I have stayed in a few in Italy
At one of them I kept hearing Tannoy announcements, I thought it was a factory or a rail yard
turned out its a massive nuclear power station that went horribly wrong
I tried to turn left on leaving the camp site, but the Carabinieri explained not a good idea !
oh and the lady who ran it, said the reason the first bit of the pier is missing, is to stop fishermen catching radioactive fish !!!!
I still went for a swim there though !!
Sabaudia Lazio 23 September 2011 (37).JPG

Last edited:
Not in my experience, it's mate every time.

I’ve got a lot of respect for coppers & the difficult job they do, but they don’t endear themselves sometimes.
How many police programmes have you seen when a copper is called mate & he says “I’m not your mate”?
I saw one of those trafficy ones a few years ago where the Irish officer pulled over a bloke for speeding. The felon was being quite respectful to both officers and called them ‘sir’.
The paddy, obviously ex mob, said in a snarky way “Don’t call me sir. I work for a living”.
There was simply no need & it left the viewer thinking ‘cunt!’.

49er

On ROPS
On ROPs
I have stayed in a few in Italy
At one of them I kept hearing Tannoy announcements, I thought it was a factory or a rail yard
turned out its a massive nuclear power station that went horribly wrong
I tried to turn left on leaving the camp site, but the Carabinieri explained not a good idea !
oh and the lady who ran it, said the reason the first bit of the pier is missing, is to stop fishermen catching radioactive fish !!!!
I still went for a swim there though !!
I wondered if there was a reason there's no campsite next to Sellafield.

Londo

On ROPS
On ROPs
No, I have no doubt they are genuine.

But nobody ever hears about them.

You are losing the battle of public perception. That is why you are rarely believed, and that must be frustrating beyond belief.

What is needed is a website where ordinary coppers can discretely tell it like it is, so the higher ups have to answer the points raised.

At the moment all the noise is coming from the politically-correct senior management appealing to the media.

Get some whistles blown, confidentiality but publicly, and make them deal with the ordinary officers issues.

Use some 21st-Century technology to get your messages into the public domain. If it is free news, journalists being lazy buggers will be all over it.
Bring back Inspector Gadget

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I wondered if there was a reason there's no campsite next to Sellafield.

There is a caravan park at Nethertown and a load of chalets on the beach.

If you look to the north west you get a lovely view of the Solway. On a clear day you can see the IoM, Scotland and Ireland.

If you look south you get this....
D7C124D7-A02C-4CA7-A903-BD4FA7C18C16.jpeg

That’s not what I asked you, was it?

Normally their name? You obviously have extensive experience, share it with us.
I've arrested a few people, never called them mate. Granted it was a long time ago.

How many pikeys have you arrested?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
No, I have no doubt they are genuine.

But nobody ever hears about them.

You are losing the battle of public perception. That is why you are rarely believed, and that must be frustrating beyond belief.

What is needed is a website where ordinary coppers can discretely tell it like it is, so the higher ups have to answer the points raised.

At the moment all the noise is coming from the politically-correct senior management appealing to the media.

Get some whistles blown, confidentiality but publicly, and make them deal with the ordinary officers issues.

Use some 21st-Century technology to get your messages into the public domain. If it is free news, journalists being lazy buggers will be all over it.
Quite. This shít doesn't help.

Latest Threads