Pikey Watch

Our market town has just had the joy of celebrating the rich cultural diversity of the travelling community by hosting them at our local Association Football club. There looked to be about 5 or 6 caravans, parked out of sight from the road on the corner of the pitch.

They stayed about a week. When they left there was the usual clear up needed. Now I am a fairly tolerant sort of chap so I can understand (but not accept) some of the characteristics of their way of life.

When they left there was rubbish dumped everywhere. Not nice but hey some people are just bone idle and taking their rubbish to the tip is just too much trouble. I despise them for it, but I can see whey they might leave the place in the way they do - it's just the easiest thing to do, and should they ever come back, someone else will have cleaned it up.

Petty crime. Again I can see whey they do it, they can generate an income from it, it is what they know, they have no scruples, and they mostly get away with it. I regard them as scum for a life built on crime, but I can sort of see why criminals commit crime - there is an advantage in it for them. At worst there is calculation on their part of the benefit of the activity vs the risks of being caught and punished, they make the calculation, and on balance crime is worth it for them, it shouldn't be, but it is.

But this lot, before they went, broke into the clubhouse, smashed all the furniture, pulled fixtures from the walls, smashed all the crockery and turned the taps on before they left. They destroyed the goal posts outside and broke all the training kit that had been left in the clubhouse. The pictures of what they left behind defy belief. If they had torched the place it would have been better.

I know some people are nasty, some can be bullies, some are just downright evil, but I just dont get this. They have gone to considerable effort to comprehensively trash the place for no discernible advantage, nothing they have done has made life easier for themselves, they don't appear to have stolen stuff to sell on.. I wonder at the corruption of their souls that they find it in themselves to do this sort of thing.

I've always thought of these types as thoroughly unpleasant parasites, that contribute nothing to society. After seeing what they have done in our town my opinion of them has sunk even lower.

PS, re paras 3 an 4 above, please do not think I am an apologist for this behaviour. I deplore it and it should be severely punished.

Unfortunately hundreds of the little tinkers are coming my way ( Eden valley and Appleby shortly) and as the forecast is good they will hang about like locusts.
How are the nerve agent trials going ?

Child rape by fairground workers is not uncommon, dont take my word for it Fairground Workers
I worked in Nottingham for several weeks, several years ago and they were all talking about "rape week" when the fair came to town, happend every year by all accounts.

As a footnote, I don't know any genuine showman or fairground guy who would like to be associated with travellers, they are two distinctly separate entities.

There was an episode of Sons Of Anarchy where a fairground worker raped a schoolgirl, and was sorted out good and proper by the bikers.

Nottinghamshire has a well known 1% club.

ugly

LE
I worked in Nottingham for several weeks, several years ago and they were all talking about "rape week" when the fair came to town, happend every year by all accounts.

As a footnote, I don't know any genuine showman or fairground guy who would like to be associated with travellers, they are two distinctly separate entities.
Goose fair? That's assuming any survive the drive by shootings.

ugly

LE
Goose fair? That's assuming any survive the drive by shootings.
Don't worry, our resident internet hard man, the one never beaten on the cobbles lives but a short walk from the Goose Fair site. He will sort them.

On a serious note, Goose Fair attracts every ne'er do well from miles around (or it least it did when I lived there).

ugly

LE
Funfair workers are certainly a freak show, god knows where they find them, I'm guessing they are wanted by multiple government agencies, paid in cash, and don't exist on the books.

Not sure I want to ride on heavy machinery maintained by retards.

Thought I'd enjoy a tidy grizz up Pen y Ghent today so jumped into the car and blasted over.

The last 10 miles took 90 minutes, all because a fucking pikey cunt road train of shite was cabbying up the A65 and never pulled over.

I showed them though, proper style. After carefully passing wide around the horses so not to spook them i muttered 'fucking pikeys' to myself as they laughed at me.

Fucking pikeys.

Thought I'd enjoy a tidy grizz up Pen y Ghent today so jumped into the car and blasted over.

The last 10 miles took 90 minutes, all because a ******* pikey **** road train of shite was cabbying up the A65 and never pulled over.

I showed them though, proper style. After carefully passing wide around the horses so not to spook them i muttered '******* pikeys' to myself as they laughed at me.

******* pikeys.
You should have waved then sounded your horn.

The last 10 miles took 90 minutes, all because a ******* pikey **** road train of shite was cabbying up the A65 and never pulled over.

I showed them though, proper style. After carefully passing wide around the horses so not to spook them i muttered '******* pikeys' to myself as they laughed at me.

******* pikeys.
WTF is "A tidy grizz up"?