Pikey Watch

RigPig

War Hero
The Appleby fair has been cancelled due to the Coronavirus. In the link the gypsy gob piece says that it’s disappointing for Gypsy and Traveller community, the settled community and the local economy. I bet the local economy is really disappointed by not having everything stol....... er growing legs and moving itself from where the owner left it.

RP

NSP

LE
The Appleby fair has been cancelled due to the Coronavirus. In the link the gypsy gob piece says that it’s disappointing for Gypsy and Traveller community, the settled community and the local economy. I bet the local economy is really disappointed by not having everything stol....... er growing legs and moving itself from where the owner left it.

RP
The sad thing is that caravan-utilising nomadic travellers are the least likely to be affected as they can isolate to the nth degree.

On the other hand, we can but hope that at least one of them from each cluster out on the rob, er, I mean stocking up at the supermarket gets infected and then puts it through the campsite, legal or otherwise, like a dose of salts. Living in close proximity over winter in a tin box on wheels, in close proximity to other tin boxes on wheels, must make for compromised immune systems and respiratory infections - not to mention the side-effects of first cousin marriage and other near-incestuous goings-on.

The sad thing is that caravan-utilising nomadic travellers are the least likely to be affected as they can isolate to the nth degree.

On the other hand, we can but hope that at least one of them from each cluster out on the rob, er, I mean stocking up at the supermarket gets infected and then puts it through the campsite, legal or otherwise, like a dose of salts. Living in close proximity over winter in a tin box on wheels, in close proximity to other tin boxes on wheels, must make for compromised immune systems and respiratory infections - not to mention the side-effects of first cousin marriage and other near-incestuous goings-on.
Your second paragraph is closer to the truth , to which add their fastidious cleanliness and complete contempt for official advice .
How they'll cope funeral wise in a complete lockdown scenario will be interesting , too .

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
our loca lASDA ,again , had agroup of people come to the rear loading bay with a whopping great list of stuff wanted " for the NHS" they were promptly told to go away and multiply .

Our local co -op had signs of an attempted break in on the back doors this morning . Suffice to say that we have a high population of "traveller" houses in camps in our area .

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Your second paragraph is closer to the truth , to which add their fastidious cleanliness and complete contempt for official advice .
How they'll cope funeral wise in a complete lockdown scenario will be interesting , too .
My work takes me into the local cemeteries and church yards, and the biggest and most elaborate funerals are always pikey and traveller related.

One shouldn't tar all the members of the caravan utilising nomadic travelling community.....but the stolen stuff was in a white van.

Despicable

If it was them, I hope a modern Judge Jefferies is sitting in judgement.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
My work takes me into the local cemeteries and church yards, and the biggest and most elaborate funerals are always pikey and traveller related.
coz they dont pay taxes like the rest of us and steal a lot of their requirements so their disposable income is therefor higher than the honst citizens of our country .

A thought occurred to me about the current fuss about self-employed folks having difficulty getting signed up to Universal Credit.

AIUI, the recipient needs to be PAYE registered and have a bank account for the payment to be made; does that mean most of the current applicants possibly belong to a community which operates a cash-only system?

NSP

LE
Pyre out the back of the site. If whole family down, stack in caravan and then Viking-style pyre of the caravan.

Edited to add: actually, why wait for the whole family to kark it: as long as they're inside pyre the caravan anyway.

Last edited:
I was in Costco last week & whilst it was calm & normal, there was a fascinating cultural display at the tills by where a customer was being berated by 2 other customers. The main antagonist was of an indeterminate age, tall but with a massive overhanging belly & wearing expensive designer clothes. I managed to interpret the phrase he was repeating "youmeleavedakidswegowoutsidesortdisoutbeaman" as a fascinating cri de cœur aimed at asserting dominance over the hapless shopper.

I happened to be walking out at the same time as our hero. Imagine my suprise to see him jump into a brand new pick up truck with the paint scheme for his gardening business; the long trailer filled with plants & other gardening paraphernalia. As he'd parked over the zebra crossing I could only salute his advertising.
This never happened.

I never begrudge pikeys big and elaborate funerals. In fact I think they should have more, many, many more.

If we are lucky this virus will go through that particular part of society with a vengeance.
Silver linings and all that.
I very much doubt it. Some of the places they stay in, I reckon their antibodies are bred to perfection and will boot the fcuk outta any wishy-washy Chinese virus.

Latest Threads