Pikey Watch

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Pikey: "Ahh, yer deprivin' me kids of a meal there."

Smeg-head: "Good. The quicker they starve, the quicker there's a fistful less of thieving pikey bastards. Now, fuck off, cunt!"

Is how it should have gone down.
Alternatively,I should have opened up on the wee feckers with several rounds of 7.62mm Ball from THAT rifle!

Mrs and me are in the front garden. She's planting stuff up and I'm chopping logs. Pikey van has just slowly driven through the village.

Large bloke stood with an axe in his hands telling you to "Fuck off you thieving pikey cunt" is a hint that you're not welcome in the area and should bugger off a bit sharpish.

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
Mrs and me are in the front garden. She's planting stuff up and I'm chopping logs. Pikey van has just slowly driven through the village.

Large bloke stood with an axe in his hands telling you to "**** off you thieving pikey ****" is a hint that you're not welcome in the area and should bugger off a bit sharpish.
That's no way to talk to your Missus....

I don't want to spoil the Zeitgeist but real genuine gypsies are OK. It's all the others - that the Gypsies call Diddkois - that are usually the issue.

Source - me and the missus was seriously broke when we bought our first house and so we ended up in an estate that had been established in the 1960's for Gypsies that had, in Naval terms 'swallowed the anchor'.

To give an example of the difference. Our local pub, Sunday lunchtime. An old gypsy guy would go round selling raffle tickets a pound a time, prize a bottle of whisky. He'd nip out and buy the bottle of whisky for a fiver down the offy and the winner would get it - a bottle of Scotch for a quid. . Profit probably anything from 20 to 50 quid. If he was a diddikoi he'd just have fcuked off with the proceeds.

Pikey in English is equivalent to diddikoi in Romany.

Last edited:
I don't want to spoil the Zeitgeist but real genuine gypsies are OK. It's all the others - that the Gypsies call Diddkois - that are usually the issue.

Source - me and the missus was seriously broke when we bought our first house and so we ended up in an estate that had been established in the 1960's for Gypsies that had, in Naval terms 'swallowed the anchor'.

To give an example of the difference. Our local pub, Sunday lunchtime. An old gypsy guy would go round selling raffle tickets a pound a time, prize a bottle of whisky. He'd nip out and buy the bottle of whisky for a fiver down the offy and the winner would get it - a bottle of Scotch for a quid. . Profit probably anything for 20 to 50 quid. If he was a diddikoi he'd just have fcuked off with the proceeds.

So you're a Pikey then.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Lived with them for a while not far from Canvey Island :)

To make it worse I'm half Scouse .
You shouldn’t admit to things like that. You’ll never succeed in life.

To give an example of the difference. Our local pub, Sunday lunchtime. An old gypsy guy would go round selling raffle tickets a pound a time, prize a bottle of whisky. He'd nip out and buy the bottle of whisky for a fiver down the offy and the winner would get it - a bottle of Scotch for a quid. . Profit probably anything from 20 to 50 quid. If he was a diddikoi he'd just have fcuked off with the proceeds.

Odds of 50- 1......... assuming the winning ticket hasn't already gone to a mate ?

FFS

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer