pigeon chest

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by maxmoler, Feb 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. my friend has a pigeon chest, the type that sticks out. He is hoping to join the army with me but is worried about this problem not letting him pass the medical. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  2. Admit it, it's you really isn't it... pigeon chested wotsit...

Anyway, to best of my knowledge it shouldn't stop you... I mean your mate, joining the army as long as he has no actual medical problems and would pass a fitness test.
    However, I may be corrected...
  3. lol i knew someone would come up with the old its you thing, but seriously its not. My friend is to embarresed to go to the docter or anything so im just trying to help him out.
  4. Come on... it is you.

Depends how bad it is, I mean if the bowing of the sternum is bad enough to interfere with "prone position", then that could be a problem.

The doctor might pass him, depends how long sighted the gnarly old cnut is who got thrown out of the local hospital for one too many unnecessary cough tests.
  5. lol well ill leave youlot to debate over whoever it was but thanks for the help.
  6. Percy_Pigeon

Percy_Pigeon War Hero Book Reviewer

And what’s wrong with being pigeon chested…

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  7. maybe if you were actually a pigeon.... lol
  8. Percy_Pigeon

I am a pigeon honest.

Still if there is no mobility lost or associated problems I can see no problems.

Just look at some of the freaks they do let in.
  9. lol some of the freaks they do let in?? any examples?
  10. You'll need to test neg for bird flu :lol:
  11. any of u you lot know anyone actually in the army who has got it?
  12. Speckled Jim - but sadly, he's no longer with us.
  13. sorry for your loss m8, if you dont mind me askin did he get along well in they army with it?
  14. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Percy - from your avatar you look more like a Robin.

You are not one of THOSE pigeons are you? You know the ones that work with THEM in that place which is never mentioned but known as Hereford? 8O :wink:
  15. Percy_Pigeon

Robin I've been ill.