Piety and politicians

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by eodmatt, Jan 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Prime Ministers QUESTION Time.
    30 mins a week, by naming each of the Deceased time is taken from answering serious questions on national UK matters.

john
    And before any of our Iriots squeals There is no way I am suggesting that the Fallen are not of a Serious nature.

2. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

No, you make a ****ing good point. Twice.

3. I don't wish to offend anyone. If I was one of the fallen I wouldn't want my name read out by any of those twats. Personal view.

• Like Like x 1
  4. In my opinion, it is the one plus point of the Coalition. At least we don't have to listen to Clegg making it a three-way fest. Without wishing to diminish the deceased, my view is it achieves naff all. Next time you tune into PMQ, take a look around whilst the statement is being read out (by the PM or Ed Milliband). There is a general look of boredom, which just about sums up the majority of our political class. The only people who may take some solace from this are the relatives, although that is debatable.

5. Maybe our top politicians should take note of the actions of the Royal family. Show support for the Armed Forces by actively encouraging ones offspring to give it a go. As far as I am concerned any support shown by politicians is hollow and done for political purposes and to play to the crowd.

6. As far as I'm concerned there's no debate. Hearing TCBroon reading out the names really used to make my blood boil.

7. Important to remind politicians about the cost in blood the UK pays for their decsions IMO.

8. "Maybe our top politicians should take note of the actions of the Royal family. Show support for the Armed Forces by actively encouraging ones offspring to give it a go."

Very true, Blair committed UK to five military action and packed his son off to the US to be out of the way.

john

9. Politicians shed nothing but crocodile tears to try and win over voters, when in reality all they care about is how much they can make out of it.

10. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

how to make politicians sit up and take note of our war dead - easy force a levy of 1000 pounds everytime a soldier/sailor/airman dies in harms way in their name.

I'm sure the grieving families will accept the 600k in good grace.