Piers Morgan. Reformed Character, or still a cnut?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by PassingBells, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Reformed character

2. Still a cnut

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Piers Morgan, that paragon of journalistic integrity and longtime supporter of HM Armed Forces has just won the US Celebrity Apprentice (see here). So what? I hear you ask.

He did it by raising $250,000 for the Intrepid Fallen Heros Fund, a US organisation providing "support for the families of military personnel lost in service to our nation, and for severely wounded military personnel and veterans."

Other than the minor issue that he should perhaps have been raising funds for a UK, rather than a US charity (it was a US TV show after all), I am sure that everyone on here will agree that it is a good cause, as causes go.

Is this enough to reform him in the eyes of Arrse, or is he still a cnut?
  2. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Do you have to ask?
  3. Is, was and always will be... a cnut. But then cnuts have their uses, don't they...
  4. I would like to retract my vote of Morgan being a Cnut as I failed to read PassingBells post in my rush to click the yes button.
    In light of his recent fundraising activities. Even if they were for another nation and only to increase his aim of achieving Z list fame in the USA, I would like to propose another option of "Just a Penis" being added to the poll.
  5. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Oh come on - he sold his soul a long time ago. No way he is getting it back.......

Edited to add - I'd be more impressed if he showed the same kind of regard to UK troops
    • Like Like x 1
  6. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Why do we hate Morgan? Yes there was the fake pictures incident, but lets face it we hated him a long time before that. He printed the pictures becasue the supported his general anti-war stance. A stance which an awful lot of Arrsers agree with.

Is he anti-soldier it seems unlikely given that brother is (or was) serving and I think his dad was too. So I suspect the fake pictures thing was Morgan on a mission and he forgot the consequences of his action.

Since he left the mirror I've seen him pop up from time to time. BFBS interviewed him - to give him a chance to plug his book and he is/was involved in a childrens newspaper which is/was a very worthwhile project.

And now congrats to him for raising money for a vets charity - pity it was not in the UK but worthy never-the-less.

So maybe it is time to forgive him, but he is such a slimy cnut that I'm not going to!
  7. Ok you've twisted my arm. He's still a cnut of the highest order!
  8. Despite the good work, how much of a sh1tstorm did those dodgey photo's cause?

Morgan you kaaaaannnnnnnnnnnttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!

Feel better for that ;-p
  9. If only one British soldier got the smallest splinter in his little pinky because of his eagerness to print those pictures I hope he rots in hell

10. Didn't Clarkson drop him at a Telly bash?

Deffo still a cnut.
  11. Dogwank1ng, pigfuck3r of a cnut
  12. Ladies, Gentlemen, Arrsers,

Piers Morgan is the lowest of the low. He has the blood of Tommy Atkins on his hands and will do until the day he goes to the grave...

End this thread as soon as fitting - he craves column inches and any media coverage he can get in a vague, egotistical attempt to redeem himself.

He is no friend of Her Majesty's Forces and short of a road to Damascus type conversion, public apologies to us all and endless work for HFH or the like, should not be given the time of day by any one of us.

He makes me sick.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. You're being too kind. In Falklands parlance he's a "still"

I.E. he's "Still a cnut."
  14. If I'd never seen or heard of him before, one glance at his sneering boat race would sum him up as kahunt.

Last time I saw him he was interviewing Abi Titmuss - everyone knows she's a slag - but hearing him insinuate the same made me want to be her knight in shining armour and kill the cunt
  15. Whilst perusing the online papers this weekend I found this little gem:

The Daily Mail

I was going to quote selectively and comment accordingly, but it's a chunky piece and I don't have the time at the moment. It's worth a read, even though I couldn't get the thought "Self-serving cnut!" out of my head!