Piers Morgan fêted by the BBC

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Cutaway, Jul 19, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

That lying b*stard Piers Morgan, late (but unlamented,) of the Daily M*rr*r is presently (0900 hrs BST) on the Radio Four programme 'On The Ropes' - fecking shame he's not appearing in 'Dangling From A Rope.'

If you want to hear this pompus tw@ts self-aggrandisement try the Listen Again link on http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/progs/listenagain.shtml

2. Cuts - you make it sound such fun - how could anyone possibly resist? :D

3. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

The moron stated that he was right in publishing the faked photos and feels hard done by in getting hoofed.
    It seems in his warped little mind he thinks that the story, regardless of it's authenticity comes before the safety of those that guard him whilehe sleeps. Cnut.

Even his dodgy investments he manages to claim was 100% kosher, though this was probably due to the court case being ongoing.

4. I expect we also heard quite a lot about his brother, who gets trotted out at every available opportunity to demonstrate that Our Piers really feels for the gallant lads and lasses in uniform. He must be getting horrendously hacked off with this.

Morgan is a fairly typical tabloid nonce, though. I'm with Belloc, here:

"You cannot hope to bribe or twist
    thank God, the British journalist.
    Seeing what the man will do
    unbribed, there's no occasion to."

5. I heard him and he has sunk even lower - which I thought impossible - in my estimation. Interesting to hear Mrs Blair can't stand him! She has risen a notch in my opinion - shame she doesn't feel the same way about certain other people who surround her and her family.

6. Should we be surprised the the Beeb is providing (another) platform for the Moran?

see this link to send your own "views"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/feedback/

my own view

7. What really grips my sh*t about Morgan is how it's alright for the Media to use the fruit of the poisoned tree, but not anybody else.

If cops planted some drugs on a criminal they'd be quite rightly hung out to dry, even though their corruption was purportedly in "the public good." However, a journalist can publish fake photos, put British lives at risk then use the "poisoned fruit" argument without any irony.

Cnut. Of course, the Meeja types love him because they secretly would love to be as self-evidently awful and shameless as he is.

V!

8. Can anyone tell me why HMF don't do anything to counter all of the allegations that are put in the papers? Why have we not sued the Mirror for publishing the story without proving it?

It always gets my goat when some "source" or whatever is quoted. A few years ago I watched a Trevor McDonut prog about racism in the army. One guy claimed he was forced to leave my Regt (at the time) because of institutional racsim within the unit. He was actually kicked out for failing CDT and nothing was said. Surely theres something that can be done.

9. The army needs an aggressive media rebuttal unit, like the one Neu Arbeit has.

Problem is, some army information officers are TA.....journalists. Ooops.

In green on Wednesday, Street of Shame on Thursday.

Apart from that you have that model of vigour and efficiency, the MoD.

V!

10. See under "External Communications" heading in the CGS briefing team report posted today in the RHQ forum.

11. ^ Thanks, an interesting read. However, I was disturbed by the concerns over the size of chip portions at the Officer's and Sergeant's messes at Wattisham and glad to see that the CGS is intervening! :D

V!