Piers Morgan does some research - fires M2

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by mac1, Feb 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. PM decided to do some research (bet he enjoyed it) into guns at a range in Texas, firing semi-autos and a 50BMG M2. Credit where due, at least he tried to find out something about the subject instead of just dismissing it out of hand and repeating gun banning mantras.

What I thought was interesting was the hardware that can be used at indoor ranges, in Texas at least; guns and calibres which, surely in this country would need an MOD range or similar with hundreds of acres? Is this allowed over here does anyone know - or is that a stupid question?

Piers Morgan Shoots FULLY Automatic Browning M2 .50 Caliber Machine Gun At Texas Shooting Range - YouTube

2. Wicked. Let me know when he goes on a rollercoaster, or takes a shit, as well.
    Think many people would have liked him to be in front of the muzzle when it was fired, not behind.

3. There's never a breech explosion when you want one.

• Like Like x 5
  4. The only time I want to hear about Morgan firing anything is after he's shoved it deep into his smug **** shit-eating grin.

If he wants to use the HMG for that, I'll happily rig up a system of ropes and pulleys to allow him to pull the trigger. And a camcorder.

5. well, having learnt to be half-full instead of half empty, I think his efforts might improve the image of shooting and gun ownership, ordinary gun owners instead of nutcases are getting publicity.

6. ******* useless septics, they sat the **** on the wrong end of it!

7. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Don't those things have a minimum range before they'll detonate? While I appreciate there could be fun to be had watching them bounce off (or wedge into) his teeth, I suspect what we'll actually need is a willing volunteer to assist him by pulling the trigger from the correct distance.

Show of hands?

8. Probably not. The owner said that his comments were edited out of sequence to misrepresent what he was saying Tactical Firearms claims they were misrepresented on Piers Morgan Tonight | CW39 NewsFix

I have read elsewhere that at least 5 other ranges told him to ram it when approached by CNN as they didn't trust them not to pull a trick like this.

9. I've re-read your post a dozen times and the best response I can come up with is:

Are you thinking of a GMG rather than a HMG?

• Like Like x 2
  10. No.

11. I was wondering the same myself.....

12. Nonsense, since the school shooting he has constantly spouted his ill informed garbage and he has reached the stage it took him decades to reach in the UK. Nobody wants him in the country and no doubt his ratings are tanking hence he is now trying to look like he is just like everybody else. Nothing but PR.

13. Morgan?

Quelle ****.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Isn't the .50 fired by a thumb-plate? Could be harder to rig that up than a trigger...

EDITED TO ADD:

Actually no I'm talking rubbish you would just make the ropes pull the other way.

15. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Yes I am. I could have sworn that's what was being discussed...

* wobbles head *

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2