Pieminister - Pie Shop

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Gundulph, Sep 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is making me bloody hungry as well as homesick for the U.K.!!! :(

Amazing Pies - Pieminister

Anyone tried any of these before?
  2. FFS now you have got me going as well. :p

Stuffed paprika and grah my arrse! :evil:
  3. these are good too, had em at the AvNAustralian Pies

and i AM a pie expert OBVIOUSLY!!
  4. Borough Market, London..............Pie Minister was the best discovery I made in there, apart from the chorizo sausage sandwich (with rocket and grilled peppers) place. I had the venison and herb pie and everything about the filling was devine, but the pastry was simply magnificent.

Ummmmm despite having just eaten lunch I am suddenly famished again........grlllllllllllll, drool...........
  5. Jeepers I have the breaking strain of a kit kat. Just told the War Office were off for a wee spin to Tescos. Fresh Tesco Finest Aberdeen Angus Steak Pie avec Lyoniase Potatoes and seared garlic mushrooms for tea !!

Is really sad when you have the IQ of Homer Simpson and random ARRSE culinary threads makes the decision on what supper will be ?

Pies Mmmmmmmmmmmmm
  6. My local has them. Mr Porky Pie, Blue Moo Pie (I think - beef and Stilton - v v good) are my favourites.

Loved the Crimbo Bimbo Pie at Christmas. glad I've got lots of hills round here to walk them off.
  7. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

New job takes me to Lochinver every week, thank god it's only for one night.

i'd managed to kick my pie habit, but I've relapsed a couple of times!
  8. FFS - have saome pity! Venison and Cranberry - better than sex :D

I need to get back to civilisation for a couple of weeks!
  9. Bit steep ain't it 4 quid for a 4" x 1'/2" pie
  10. Size isn't everything. :wink:
  11. Also available at the market at the Duke of York's Square (near Sloane Square) every Saturday and at Pimlico farmers market on Saturdays.

Heartily recommended.
  12. Had them at Camp Bestival (I know, I know) and they were, according to the pie connoisseurs I was with, good good stuff.
  13. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Cheaper if you buy them in the shop, as I will do the morn!
  14. Hayens pie shop on 'tuddersfield road, Oldham does the best pies in the world. No posh blue veined cheese or shite pansy curry slices, Just good old honest Pies as they should be, and only for 99p.

Venison and Cranberry?

I'll have meat and potato :)