• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Pie!

So what constitutes a pie?

I'm fucking adamant that a pie is not a pie unless it has a pastry case and a lid. The Mrs says it only needs a lid to be a pie.

Such stuff is fucking fighting talk.

So whats a pie and whats not a pie?

So what constitutes a pie?

I'm fucking adamant that a pie is not a pie unless it has a pastry case and a lid. The Mrs says it only needs a lid to be a pie.

Such stuff is fucking fighting talk.

So whats a pie and whats not a pie?
A lid is fine you feckin dinosaur! Think 'Pie of Kings' = Fray Bentos!

S

syledis

I have to agree with Biscuits AB

Fuck me agreeing with a Mod, if i ever like a post by Forastero , dont fuck about, just shoot me please!

A lid is fine you feckin dinosaur! Think 'Pie of Kings' = Fray Bentos!
What was that white stuff in Fray Bentos pies that didn't quite deserve the description of pastry? Just underneath the crusty and dried out [read burnt] lid? Were those nasty Argentinians at it even back then or was my mother truly a shit cook?

One is a 'cased pie' the other a 'lidded pie', that was what I was taught anyway.

The things that aren't really a pie IMO is the ones with a bit of beef/horse slurry ladled into a dish and with a pre-formed 'lid' baked on a tray and then whacked on top. A favourite of motorway services and grotty chain pubs.

Latest Threads