• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Pidgeon shooting in the woods

The woods near me are full of pidgeon, just plump for shooting with my .22 air rifle. The problem is the clearance, the woods do not belong to anyone, so do i need to seek clearance from the council to shoot there. Obviousley i will carry the rifle in a gun slip, unloaded when not shooting.

Many thanks

The woods near me are full of pidgeon, just plump for shooting with my .22 air rifle. The problem is the clearance, the woods do not belong to anyone, so do i need to seek clearance from the council to shoot there. Obviousley i will carry the rifle in a gun slip, unloaded when not shooting.

Many thanks
Why would you want to kill pigeons in a nearby wood?

Are you mental?

Leave the little critters alone. Unless they owe you money.

For a better pigeon shooting experience, I recommend Trafalgar square. It's a target rich environment, and they're not shy.

If the Old Bill rock up complaining, just say "Smudge from the internet said it was ok"

B

Barbarella

try here to help find out who owns the land: https://www.landregistry.gov.uk/wps/portal/Property_Search

I have some really good recipes for pigeon (and squirrel if you manage to bag any of them too) so PM me if you have any joy...

You would also be better off with a No 6 in a 12 bore than a .22 air rifle - pigeons are tougher than they look and might take a bit more than a diddy pellet to make them drop, but you can always have a crack at it and see how you get on...

For a better pigeon shooting experience, I recommend Trafalgar square. It's a target rich environment, and they're not shy.

If the Old Bill rock up complaining, just say "Smudge from the internet said it was ok"
Not any more, a Harris hawk flies around most mornings and they all re group in St James' Park

Latest Threads