Pictures

Quick question

Do any 3 PWRR lads who were on the last fibua weekend at CD know where that photographer was from and where you can get copies of the photos??

Why not ask them, rather than post and hope.... ?

msr

RECRUIT_G said:
Quick question

Do any 3 PWRR lads who were on the last fibua weekend at CD know where that photographer was from and where you can get copies of the photos??

You mean that FIBUA weekend that I couldn't go on because my stabilisers came off my bike?

Normally I'd say the Coy photographer was me, but meh...

If the bloke was a Fullscrew medic then I think I know who it'd be.

If you mean the photogrpaher who also did the photos of the medals presentation with Richard Holmes, he was a civvy photographer as he was wearing full civvy waterproofs and walking boots.

In terms of IDing him i don't have the foggiest. Try your PSI or one of the DS on the weekend.

It was the same bloke that insisted on sticking the camera in my face and standing in the spot on the river bank where I was trying to get out on Prowling Tiger.

Never seen the pictures from that weekend either. Battalion journal (whenever that comes out) perhaps?

yeah I was with the royal sigs thanks to PWRR for a brilliant weekend.

RECRUIT_G said:
yeah I was with the royal sigs thanks to PWRR for a brilliant weekend.
No problem!

Thanks to your standing patrols giving us something to do all night instead of simply getting no sleep in our OP! 8O

*edited for mong speeling

What was the PWRR opinion of having the RLC and R Sigs tagging along, did we help or hinder?

When the RLC have done this before the RLC instructors were themselves taught the day before on train the trainer days, so the quality of tuition was very poor, it was good to learn from someone who actually knows what they are doing.

I am due to be mobilised to Iraq so it was exceptionally beneficial for me!

When you boys find out where the pictures can be found can you post it on here so we can take a gander!

True but deserves a slagging anyway.The signallers I saw were enemy
and pretty good.The rlc who were with us were ok .One or two have to work on basic weapons skills I have to say I'm afraid.

ieatworms said:
When you boys find out where the pictures can be found can you post it on here so we can take a gander!

If I'm able to get hold of them, I'll post up a message saying they're available. For obvious reasons I won't be putting up any pictures, so I'll ask for people to PM me their e-mail addresses. If there are any pictures which are particularly "ooh shit the public/Mohammed Al'Qaeda better not see this" then I might ask for some ArmyNet (www.armynet.mod.uk) ID...

I should have an answer to the question by Thursday providing the 2ic and/or OC are in this week :wink:

As for the Fullscrew Medic - the one I'm thinking of is B-Coy. Haven't seen him since Op Tenby Tiger though...

Oh well if thats the standard of weapon training they did pretty well.It was a pretty good weekend should do more of them.Any weekend I watch others clean the gpmg is a good one .Oh and watching javalein getting wiped out was fun :D .

woody said:
The rlc who were with us were ok .One or two have to work on basic weapons skills I have to say I'm afraid.
Thats a fair comment, unfortunately due to us having to concentrate on our trades, the amount of time we get to do proper Green Stuff is very limted, this is something that is being addressed individually by units.

Plus there are plenty of lunatics who havent got a clue anyway!

It would be intresting to find out what rlc and other types do on weekends.
Cant imagine doing any other thing than infantry though why put up with the army if you dont get to shoot guns hurt people and break stuff?

woody said:
It would be intresting to find out what rlc and other types do on weekends.
Cant imagine doing any other thing than infantry though why put up with the army if you dont get to shoot guns hurt people and break stuff?
That is the best reason as to why 'infantry' I've ever read!!!! Good work woody :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Scutterbandit Aviation 51
M ARRSE: Site Issues 2
Jip Travolta ARRSE: Site Issues 1