Pictures Needed for the Arrse Guide

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by MajorDesAstor, Jul 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Official Arrse Guide to the British Army is being published later this year and needs pictures. This could be your opportunity to impress that good-looking but naive girl that you're actually a 'professional' photographer so it's OK to get 'em out.

What we need are good quality clear JPEGs at 300dpi or higher res. They should not show anything which is classified or in other ways potentially sensitive. We are after the following subjects and themes:

Challenger 2
    Light Gun
    Sig P226
    Browning Hi Power
    Heckler and Koch variants
    Other Equipments in use with the British Army

Uniforms and Clothing:

Any clear shots of clothing and personal equipment in current use by the Army
    Clear shots of regimental badges and special dress distinctions​

Pictures bathed in the heady atmosphere of...

The Falkland Islands
    Northern Ireland
    Anywhere else you've been to with the Army​

Fun or amusing British Army themed pictures​

The Arrse Guide is a low budget production and we can't pay much. You will retain copyright and license all images used for this and any subsequent editions of the Arrse Guide. Every picture will have a name credit (real name or Arrse user name - your choice) in the acknowledgements section at the back of the book. For each image used we can pay £10 either direct to you or as a donation to Hols for Heroes.

So, crack on. If you have anything suitable, email it to me at arrseguide(at) (obviously replacing '(at)' with a @ sign).
  2. Is it due to copyrights that you don't use stock photos from the MOD website and the like?
  3. Still waiting on Amazon for my copy, release date keeps getting pushed back, its defo coming out this year yes ???
  4. You want a photo of a Snatch, any preferences, clean or dirty?
  5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Oy, why is SLR not on your list, never mind the fact it should be TOP of the list?
  6. Would it not be simpler to ask on the ARRSE FB page and get links from members Photo pages
    • Like Like x 1
  7. 'Other Equipment' in use by the British Army.......

Attached Files:

8. Major Disaster,

pm me an email address and I'll send a few. Check you pms. All very best, Burpa

EDITED TO ADD: Bugger. Just seen the email address on your post. I really am a complete cock.
  9. That'll be sheath, personal, protective, box of 144
  10. It would make a good then and now section and might encourage a few of us oldies to buy the book!
  11. Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far. Key thing to think about is resolution: they need to be at least 300dpi to be printable in a book.

As for SLRs, Valentine tanks and 37 pattern webbing, bring them on: if they're relevant to any part of the book, they'll get used.
  12. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Nice try tuffy - I call 'Condom Walt' - that is blatantly NOT an issue Johnny - unless you supply the NSN :) ....and where's the bleedin Broad Arrow mark anyway ?

( mind you it looks cheap and greasy enough to have been issued.....this is plainly not a BlackOpsTM protective......)
  13. It does cost to write a book,,so if the book is worth it (and this one is) you have to cough up or make other 'arrangements' to overcome copyright...