Pictures from Crafty Mag

Discussion in 'REME' started by Thread_Bear, Jul 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know where to find pictures from back issues of the Crafty Mag.

Tried emailing them but had no reply. I have checked all the back issues at work but cant find the one im looking for.

Im actually after a centre spread (i think it was of afganistan last year) where Arabs were chopping the head off a goat. I dont actually want this particular picture but im sure this is the picture everyone remembers!!!!

The pictures i am after are all the dodgy working procedures (the band saw that is welded back together, and the dodgy looking grinding wheel etc)

Thanks in advance

2. I believe they have them all at the REME Museum in Arborfield and there the ones who Edit the Craftsman Mag aswell. There Quite a friendly bunch who archive everything. Give the museum a phone.
  3. Nice one,

Thanks mate, never thought about the museum.

every day is a school day hey!
  4. It was the Nov 06 issue, Rough Engineering Made Easy ( The Afghan Method)
  5. Couldn't find the goat.
  6. I liked the old bird on the lathe, with her headscarf hanging over the shaft.
  7. I done a couple of tours in cyprus and the locals were much the same when it came to Health & Safety.
  8. The atricle was featuring the Op Herrick tour of 13 Air Asslt Sp Regt RLC LAD.

Hope this helps.