Picture of "THEM"

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by datumhead, Dec 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :D :D :D :D :D

I have a limited edition print of the David Shepherd painting,

"16 Princes gate 5th May 1980" No 574 of 800

Depicts the moment that "Faisal" was shot when trying to set off a grenade on the staircase as they were evacuating the hostages from the embassy. It's a large print approx 3' by 2' or 90cm by 60cm in new money.

Comes with signed certificate of authenticity dated Jan 84, but is not framed.

It's being sold on behalf of the Rotary club i'm a member of.

Please bid generously!

Attached Files:

2. That's no good, it's not signed. :D
  3. That's me on the staircase!!! Can't you see the similarities? I was 2nd through the window in the siege and "slotted" several fuzzy wuzzies. I claim my right to this piece of art, and request all female arrsers service my sexual needs for being nails.

Nice piccy btw, nice, but not interested, sorry
  4. I would have been in it but I was still putting myself out at the back window when that git Shepherd ran in, set up an easel, donned a large black beret and cape and before "Smudger" and "Dinger" could say "What the fuck!!", he'd knocked that little masterpiece out. If you look carefully you can even see where he dropped his can of red paint at the foot of the stairs.
  5. It is signned, bottom right.
  6. ahem....bump
  8. Would you actually hang it in your dining room though ?
  9. Next to the ammo boxes and cam nets....lovely :wink:
  10. I've decided this military painting lark could be quite profitable so here is my first effort. It depicts THEM (obligatory if you want a good seller) and is of the night time raid of Pebble Island during the Falklands war. It took me all day and I must say I'm quite proud of the result.

Who will start the bidding at what, shall we say £1000?

SAS Raid, Pebble Island.
  11. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

You Fibber, that is a genuine Jackson Pollock, you can see the autograph
    on the bottom right!!
  12. Sorry mate, as good as the rotarians are at the philanthropic business, I think you would have a better response on this site if the proceeds were to be donated to a service charity. Good luck anyway
  13. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Amatuerish if I may say so, Awol. Now what am I bid for this masterpiece entitled 'Belgrano'?

14. Twenty of my shiniest pennies my dear Sixty!!
  15. Fcuk off crabby! That artpiece is going on my bedroom wall. It's a fine example of nautical warfare.

I bid thee 37 pence.....