Pic's From Astan[German]

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by tomahawk6, Feb 5, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good pics. Like the one of the ISAF soldier delivering a clear and no doubt justified message to that Afghan - hopefully no bones broken. Firmly ignoring the historical parallels being drawn on that board, they look professional (not sure that would apply to pics of their compatriots in Kosovo last year?)

Hadnt seen the German DPM desert pattern before. Thanks, tomahawk6
  2. Overall I think the report card for the Germans in Kosovo is pretty good.
  3. :D a slightly inopportune moment for the shutter to click

4. They're allowed an army now a days?

"Heiß über Afghanistan's Boden die Sonne glüht,
    Unsere Panzermotoren singen ihr Lied,
    Deutsche Panzer im Wüstensand,
    Stehen in Kampf gegen Taliban?"

6. If you mean the pic where the soldier is grabbing the Afghan by the neck...that looks like an Austrian and not a German. Appears to have the red white red on the patch and not the small schwarz rot gold German flag.
  7. He is an Austrian, As for the 'Nazi salute' photo, at a guess I would say that the Fuchs Commander is stopping traffic. Look at the angle of the 'saluting hand'. Mind you, if you look at the two lads hanging off the top of the Dingo looking down at those kids.........if that photo was in black and white, you'd swear that your were looking at thier Grandfathers.

One photo that interested me was the one where that Sectoin are exiting the back of the German Jolly Green. HAve a close look. If I'm not mistaken, those are Brit combats. Some of them look to be carrying that new german rifle and some appear to be carrying M16s............Dutch perhaps? The Cloggies there on mass when I was out there.
  8. Re the picture of the troops exiting the helipcopter - the one on the left of the picture looking to his right...

Is is my ancient eyesight, or does it look a bit like Ross Kemp......?
    If only I knew how to paste it onto the UF website - RK leads Red Troop into Baghdad to save the day again...
  9. Nice pics n all that but have you seen the size of that blokes rifle in the 2nd pic after the coffin ? thats ridiculous ! looks like something Sigourney Weaver would wave around in alien.
  10. I heard they were pretty poor during the recent troubles, just kept themselves locked up in their compounds eating bratwurst.

Well,not sure about the bratties....

Oh, and they let the locals beat the shit out of UN in Northern Afghanistan at one of the PRT's (provisional reconstruction teams), coz they would'nt let em into their compound during a riot.
  11. Where has that famous warrior spirit gone ?
    Maybe they should be allowed to sing the Horst Wessel song to buck them up ?
  12. Weird that one of the trucks has rune symbols on it (especially as one rune is banned in german - sigel)

From left to right they read:

man harvest home horse ice cartwheel

or could mean:
    We've been here far to long lets get the job (duty) done and give us the signal to go home to our cold country
  13. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Panzer rullen im Afghan vor ?
  14. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Aye, they're definitely Cloggies carrying C8s.
    I think they're Corps Mariners, a damn good bunch to work with, very professional in the field & p!ssheads in the bar !