Picking Up The Brass

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by SgtSlaughter, Aug 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies if this has previously been posted.

I have just ordered the book Picking Up The Brass on recommendation. Has anyone read it? Also any other books along the same lines?

I read some mil books but get fed up with the usual Special Forces save the day! Although one of my favourite books is called The Drumbeat of Jimmy Sands. A fictional book based around real events in NI.

2. Wah?????

3. Why would it be a wah?

4. "Picking up the Brass" is a great book. Very funny and to be recommended.

But if you're patient, I'll sign you a copy of my first book; "Picking ***********".

It's about a young boy who is a magician but who joins the Booties and flies out to Afghanistan, once his Nimbus 300 has cleared customs at Gateway House. Once there, he hooks up with 'Jimbo Dobbie', a dwarf who guides him through life in Sangin until they are able to kill the Evil Wizard Laden, who has already been killed by Septics.

5. Seconded!

6. Wah sheild up: Because theres a Huge thread on it, you know like in the link I provided.
    Wah sheild down.

Its a bloody good book and I lost my copy:crying::crying:

• Like Like x 1
  7. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I'll swap you a copy of "Giving up me arse" life on 3 Para Mortars.

8. Yeah but that was after I posted about it. Cheers for link though looks like it will be a good buy!

9. i have two copies 1st and 2nd editions. Now then if the vwery kind ARRSER who lent me his first edition can drop me a line, then hes more then welcome to have it back. Before anyone tries it on. I have his name but no user name or address.

SK

10. Hey Mr Slaughter, If you're thinking about it don't read the last review (for both of the books). A nice character called Scaley has given us a right shoeing.

You can't please everyone!!!

11. I've read it. Its fcuking shit I wouldn't bother.

Just kidding C_C. I'm actually half way through it for the second time. I leave it in with the rest of my morale kit for when I'm on suicide watch and need a laugh.

12. Along with some bootlaces, a Stanley knife blade and a camcorder?

• Like Like x 1