Picking Up The Brass

Apologies if this has previously been posted.

I have just ordered the book Picking Up The Brass on recommendation. Has anyone read it? Also any other books along the same lines?

I read some mil books but get fed up with the usual Special Forces save the day! Although one of my favourite books is called The Drumbeat of Jimmy Sands. A fictional book based around real events in NI.

Why would it be a wah?

Apologies if this has previously been posted.

I have just ordered the book Picking Up The Brass on recommendation. Has anyone read it? Also any other books along the same lines?

I read some mil books but get fed up with the usual Special Forces save the day! Although one of my favourite books is called The Drumbeat of Jimmy Sands. A fictional book based around real events in NI.
"Picking up the Brass" is a great book. Very funny and to be recommended.

But if you're patient, I'll sign you a copy of my first book; "Picking ***********".

It's about a young boy who is a magician but who joins the Booties and flies out to Afghanistan, once his Nimbus 300 has cleared customs at Gateway House. Once there, he hooks up with 'Jimbo Dobbie', a dwarf who guides him through life in Sangin until they are able to kill the Evil Wizard Laden, who has already been killed by Septics.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Wah sheild up: Because theres a Huge thread on it, you know like in the link I provided.
Wah sheild down.

Its a bloody good book and I lost my copy:crying::crying:
Yeah but that was after I posted about it. Cheers for link though looks like it will be a good buy!

i have two copies 1st and 2nd editions. Now then if the vwery kind ARRSER who lent me his first edition can drop me a line, then hes more then welcome to have it back. Before anyone tries it on. I have his name but no user name or address.

SK

Hey Mr Slaughter, If you're thinking about it don't read the last review (for both of the books). A nice character called Scaley has given us a right shoeing.

You can't please everyone!!!

I've read it. Its fcuking shit I wouldn't bother.

Just kidding C_C. I'm actually half way through it for the second time. I leave it in with the rest of my morale kit for when I'm on suicide watch and need a laugh.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gundulph The Book Club 0
Mitch99 The NAAFI Bar 1
QADave The Book Club 5