Picking Up The Brass - special BFPO offer

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by Monday books, Jul 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can I firstly thank Bad CO and Mr Happy for allowing me to stick this post up.

Just a quick note to say that we've just received the first copies of Picking Up The Brass and if anyone is interested in buying a copy for a serving member of the Armed Forces currently based overseas at any BFPO address, you can do so by visiting this special offer link; we're selling books to BFPO addresses at £1.50 off with a quid of the payment going to Help For Heroes.

Anyone interested in buying for a non-BFPO address, the price is the usual extortionate £7.99 - purchase link here - but post is still free.

Pre-orders were sent out yesterday and today, and it should be in the shops soon.

Thanks all.

Dan Collins
    www.mondaybooks.com

2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Oh that's just bl00dy great that is!!!!! Ugly let me borrow his signed book, and as soon as I started reading it, the pages began to fall out! Rather than destroy such a valuable copy, I went to my local Waterstones and they told me it was out of print . . . bar one copy still left in their Brighton store, which I've now ordered. Cost me £10.99!!!!!

I feel both robbed AND stupid!

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Fecking well restore the original you vegetable (yes I have been drinking at work)

4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Give me a break JJEEEEESH! I'm trying to grab TWO signed copies - one for you to replace the one where the binding has failed, and one for me :D

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Ok I wont let on about you marching like a teddy bear then!

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

You mean tick-tocking don't you - you wouldn't let it lie, and you promised too ya bashtaazz!

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

NVM - job jobbed mate - new signed copy winging it's way towards me with your name on it buddy - I'll let you have your old one back, plus the new second edition signed copy - and thanks again. :D

9. I'm reading this right now. Bloody good read on the commute to and from work!

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I'm resisting opening it as yet!

11. Brilliant read - it opened the floodgates of some memories from the early 1970's for me!

Mind you, one of the best bits was the glossary at the end... "Death Box" and the sausage roll - I'd never heard one called a "Tutankhamun's C0ck" before and I cried with laughter, but then I had been drinking!

12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Finished reading it now. Had me laughing like a b@stard from page one to the end. If there ever WAS a definitive book about life in the service, this has got to be it.

13. Got mine, took me 2 days, loved it

14. Pob02

Pob02 War Hero Book Reviewer

but what happens to Nugent next ?? Come on where is the sequel ?

PS: finished it in a couple of days, and did have me laughing out loud on a packed commuter train much to the annoyance of the poor buggers who had been shoehorned into the same carraige as me.

15. There's an advert in the back of the book stating that the next one is called something like 'Eddy in Africa' (can't really remember the exact title!), hope that comes out soon.