Picatinny rifle mounted video camera

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by batus_survivor, Oct 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. They'll be issue soon, it's going to be the 'Sky TV British Army', gathering footage for the hilarious new clip show You've Been Framed Being Shot.
  2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Apart from the legal implications it makes great sense as a tool for training. Bushnell used to import one that mounted above a normal scope sight and with a remote switch meaant you could analyse the clients shot and release after the event!
    I'm reduced to sourcing one from the US now as the UK importers are monging it!
  3. An excellent training tool if you can collimate a reticle in the view with the weapon's point of aim.
  4. A lot of my cadets have these:

Muvi Atom - Black

They love clipping / taping them to webbing straps and taking them on weekends. If anybody wants to know more I'll try and get a Youtube link off one of them.
  5. Am I the only one to see the dangers of this? Some crusading lawyer uses it to hang you by your balls as they can slo-mo in court over hours whether you were right to take a split second decision or not. Not in a million years do I want one of these.
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

No see my first response "apart from the legal implications"
    Besides might make Helmand more like Belfast, yellow card, count your shots, Socco and WIS!
  7. I am currently in negotiations with the US company, you might see these in the UK soon.
  8. The footage looked ok, but I would like to see what happens what the rifle is fired, how the flash/vibration affects it.
  9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Its good but not what I want, I want something similar to the Bushnell camera which mounts over the top of a sporrting scope and can be collimated to the scope. Remote switch and sound would be good!
  10. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Ugly, try searching for a source from ZA.
    I can remember there was a scope with an optic fibre port to be used as a coaching aid - but when fitted to a camera SpesMag managed to make their own version of "South Africa's Funniest Home Videos."
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

12. why do you want something that compromises your opsec if lost, stolen or captured. You are not ******* tourists, you are not bloody spielberg you are soldiers ******* grow up!!!