PIAT

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
What about Jock Kennedy, during the battle of Kleve, where their was fierce hand to hand fighting , tanks approached . the troops were pinned down, then Jock appeared and ran up an exposed staircase with his mate and laid the PIAT on a window sill and fired at the first tank,, it didnt destroy it but caused the driver to back up smartly, straight into the anti tank ditch the Germans had dug !!so Kennedy took a second shot and knacked it, causing the next tank to buzz off smartish
He was awarded the M.M. for that

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Thanks.
Speak to @Auld-Yin he manages the books. Its all done between Pen & Sword and him.

Of course should you all want to post a review, nowt stopping you...
As @Listy has given us other of his books for review I am sure that he will come through with this in due course.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Ooh, ooh, please sir me sir!!!
Listy said mid 2021 and you expect me, a man who can't remember what he had for tea yesterday, to remember in 12 months time! :rolleyes:

Call me when it is out (or tempt Listy to bung you a copy!)

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Listy said mid 2021 and you expect me, a man who can't remember what he had for tea yesterday, to remember in 12 months time! :rolleyes:

Call me when it is out (or tempt Listy to bung you a copy!)
Spoilsport.

What about Jock Kennedy, during the battle of Kleve, where their was fierce hand to hand fighting , tanks approached . the troops were pinned down, then Jock appeared and ran up an exposed staircase with his mate and laid the PIAT on a window sill and fired at the first tank,, it didnt destroy it but caused the driver to back up smartly, straight into the anti tank ditch the Germans had dug !!so Kennedy took a second shot and knacked it, causing the next tank to buzz off smartish
He was awarded the M.M. for that
Sounds like one for the Ally thread.

Last edited:
A few very short clips of a PIAT being fired starting around 6m 50s
The laughable amount of research that went in to that video, and the hilarious "no copyright infringement intended" caption. Yes, that will protect you.

However, the sticky bomb footage was bloody interesting, especially the Matilda.

The laughable amount of research that went in to that video, and the hilarious "no copyright infringement intended" caption. Yes, that will protect you.

However, the sticky bomb footage was bloody interesting, especially the Matilda.
It's also interesting that the sticky bomb didn't seem to stick to the tanks too well when thrown against the side as opposed to running up to the tank and bashing it directly onto a horizontal surface.

It's also interesting that the sticky bomb didn't seem to stick to the tanks too well when thrown against the side as opposed to running up to the tank and bashing it directly onto a horizontal surface.
Sticky bomb was always intended for use on the top surfaces. The sticky sock was just to hold the gel in roughly the same place. Looks like an American demonstrating the bomb, and not understanding what he was holding. Note how the two shots of British use both have the Grenadier attacking the top surfaces?

Latest Threads