PIAT

Love the PIAT.
"In front of you there is a drainpipe, a coiled spring, a rod, a shotgun cartridge and one issue REME LAD toolkit. You may use these to construct an anti-tank weapon. In you own time, carry on".

We are an inventive bunch really.

Love the PIAT.
"In front of you there is a drainpipe, a coiled spring, a rod, a shotgun cartridge and one issue REME LAD toolkit. You may use these to construct an anti-tank weapon. In you own time, carry on".

We are an inventive bunch really.
slh86X1.jpeg

This reminds me of a cartoon in a newspaper I saw many years ago depicting the commander of a multi-wheeled missile launcher standing, unamused, staring at a half naked native archer holding out his bow with a look of triumph.
The front wheel of the vehicle was flat, with an arrow stuck in it.

This reminds me of a cartoon in a newspaper I saw many years ago depicting the commander of a multi-wheeled missile launcher standing, unamused, staring at a half naked native archer holding out his bow with a look of triumph.
The front wheel of the vehicle was flat, with an arrow stuck in it.

Not guilty yer honour!
53698513_1233139926848780_3115894070535258112_n.jpg

Thanks for the info on the books Listy.

I do have a Kindle, but I much prefer my non-fiction books in hardback. Have just purchased all three books from a combination of Amazon and pen & sword. Looking forward to getting stuck into them!

Thanks for the info on the books Listy.

I do have a Kindle, but I much prefer my non-fiction books in hardback. Have just purchased all three books from a combination of Amazon and pen & sword. Looking forward to getting stuck into them!

Excellent, thanks!

Hopefully you'll find them useful.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Out of curiosity, did any of the comments made by readers cause you to make changes to the text? Or lead you in different directions than you’d started out from?

You've not read the thread, have you?

Out of curiosity, did any of the comments made by readers cause you to make changes to the text? Or lead you in different directions than you’d started out from?

Yeah, some of the posts gave me new idea's and I tried to follow those leads. Equally, just discussing matters here helped me solidify things in my mind and helped get all my ducks in a row. It also stopped me making a tit out of myself in the book.

Mr_Relaxed

War Hero
Yeah, some of the posts gave me new idea's and I tried to follow those leads. Equally, just discussing matters here helped me solidify things in my mind and helped get all my ducks in a row. It also stopped me making a tit out of myself in the book.
I really enjoyed reading the thread, (it’s why I’m buying the book after all ;)), but the beauty of this site is that you’ve a collection of people who do know what they’re talking about on any given topic, and probably a larger collection who can google the answer but not interpret it properly, but still insist on telling you that you’re wrong.

How do you determine wheat from chaff?

I really enjoyed reading the thread, (it’s why I’m buying the book after all ;)), but the beauty of this site is that you’ve a collection of people who do know what they’re talking about on any given topic, and probably a larger collection who can google the answer but not interpret it properly, but still insist on telling you that you’re wrong.

How do you determine wheat from chaff?

Reputation helps. Ie the difference between being told something between Photex and HE117. If one of them told me something implausible sounding, one would get laughed at, another would have me searching every archive in the country.

Equally, I've got some 1500 primary documents to work from, which is what the books were written from. I don't tend to trust secondary sources unless I have no other choice. I'm an cynical bugger like that these days. So if someone says something that fits in with what the documents say, then it can be considered. Some of the Docs are just letters between people expressing their views, even if the views are shielded. For example if someone tried to convince me that person A loved idea X, and yet I have several letters from person A expressing doubts and pouring scorn on idea X, then I'd be cautious.

The book arrived today. I'll make it the next one I read, but the initial impression is very favourable and I'd be very surprised if the book has its equal in the subject area.

Latest Threads