Physical Punishment Illegal in Wales From March 2022

Ajaxed!

Swinger
According to an advert on this Forum by Welsh Govt, it will be a crime in Wales to physically discipline children from March 2022.The advert listed the usual suspects such as smacking, slapping, shaking etc, but went on to say that it was impossible to define everything that would constitute an offence under this legislation. It applies to anyone in charge of a child, including visitors to the Principality.
So my grandson aged 6 decides to run off in the middle of Cardiff, I give chase & catch him by his arm to restrain him. Have I committed an offence?
My other grandson is 15, built like the proverbial out-house & has been necking my turnip wine, 12.5% ABV. Takes it into his head to kick the 6 year-old down the road;I seek to restrain him by kicking his legs from under him & get 6 months for breaking this piece of typically ill thought out devolved legislation.
Expect a generation of ill mannered undisciplined thugs to plague this crazy outpost of insanity.
Unfortunately I'm stuck here, but given my time over again I would have moved back to England when I retired.

Write a letter to your MP.
Put those points to him/her/it and ask what you should do.
( Hint - Get someone to write it in Welsh for you.
That will make them sit up and take notice )

Wales is hardly going to be unique in that, it’s s already the case in Scotland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Poland, France, Spain, Portugal, the Baltic states, most of South America, New Zealand, and perhaps surprisingly, South Africa.
This is not an exhaustive list.

Rolled up wet newspaper. Leaves no mark, stings like hell.
US approved and we are the most anti hitting country in the world.

Only because you lot can’t fight.

The advert listed the usual suspects such as smacking, slapping, shaking etc, but went on to say that it was impossible to define everything that would constitute an offence under this legislation.
What about waterboarding?

The bleaters in Jockistan got in there first.

A right to chastise appropriately is necessary as a last resort. If you've never had children you can't comment as even the wibbliest, vegan snowflake must think that sometimes. However, Kim Sturg-un decided it was for the best.

The bleaters in Jockistan got in there first.

A right to chastise appropriately is necessary as a last resort. If you've never had children you can't comment as even the wibbliest, vegan snowflake must think that sometimes. However, Kim Sturg-un decided it was for the best.
The bill was actually introduced to the Scottish Parliament by a Green MSP (John Finnie), although it is true that the SNP agreed to support it as did Scottish Labour.

Ajaxed!

Swinger
Maybe residing West of Offa's is seen as punishment enough already for the poor dears?
Possibly. There's more suffering planned for us when Covid gets boring. With an increase in funding to £85million for S4C (regularly watched by about 40,000 out of 3 million) legislation will be passed to make it compulsory to watch at least an hour a day. I'm looking forward to 'Welsh Comedy Heroes' - Max Boyce & Tommy Cooper on a never ending loop.

Wales grrrr

Latest Threads