Phys at Medical

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by LankySpud, Jul 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got a query for anyone in the joining process at the moment, or who may have completed it recently. I have my face-to-face medical soon, and I was given my joining instructions today. It has the usual 'Be on time' and 'Clean underwear' etc, but right at the bottom of the email it reads:

NOTE - Bring PE kit.

Does this mean I'm going to be doing some phys when I'm there? If I am, does anyone know exactly what it entails? Would be nice to know exactly what to expect (A beasting no doubt).

2. Swings lantern. It was different when I joined, but we did wear PT kit when having various medical/kit fitting exercises.
    Could be just a way to make undressing/ dressing easier?
  3. I thought it might be that, but the instructions ask you to dress smart/casual with clothes that can be 'easily removed'. I presume those will be the clothes that are ripped off when the rubber gloves come out....
    • Like Like x 1
  4. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

It's in case you have to do a 'lung function' test: they send you on a little run to get you blowing.
  5. Haha, the quotation marks should have been on the 'little run'!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  6. <swings lantern> 21 years ago, the recruiters came to IOM.

I tipped up, did the BARB, passed... came back for some sort of medical and passed that.

I got a letter to say that I was invited for an interview.

Some crusty old sergeant took the tab out of his gob (you could smoke then) and asked how bad I wanted it.

When I said 'bad' he stuck his hand out and offered me the job.

How times change.