Phys at Medical

Got a query for anyone in the joining process at the moment, or who may have completed it recently. I have my face-to-face medical soon, and I was given my joining instructions today. It has the usual 'Be on time' and 'Clean underwear' etc, but right at the bottom of the email it reads:

NOTE - Bring PE kit.

Does this mean I'm going to be doing some phys when I'm there? If I am, does anyone know exactly what it entails? Would be nice to know exactly what to expect (A beasting no doubt).

Got a query for anyone in the joining process at the moment, or who may have completed it recently. I have my face-to-face medical soon, and I was given my joining instructions today. It has the usual 'Be on time' and 'Clean underwear' etc, but right at the bottom of the email it reads:

NOTE - Bring PE kit.

Does this mean I'm going to be doing some phys when I'm there? If I am, does anyone know exactly what it entails? Would be nice to know exactly what to expect (A beasting no doubt).

Swings lantern. It was different when I joined, but we did wear PT kit when having various medical/kit fitting exercises.
Could be just a way to make undressing/ dressing easier?

Swings lantern. It was different when I joined, but we did wear PT kit when having various medical/kit fitting exercises.
Could be just a way to make undressing/ dressing easier?
I thought it might be that, but the instructions ask you to dress smart/casual with clothes that can be 'easily removed'. I presume those will be the clothes that are ripped off when the rubber gloves come out....

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
<swings lantern> 21 years ago, the recruiters came to IOM.

I tipped up, did the BARB, passed... came back for some sort of medical and passed that.

I got a letter to say that I was invited for an interview.

Some crusty old sergeant took the tab out of his gob (you could smoke then) and asked how bad I wanted it.

When I said 'bad' he stuck his hand out and offered me the job.

How times change.