Photoshop geek needed

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Pacifist_Jihadist, Dec 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all. I have a series of portrait digital pictures i would like to join into a panoramic. Normally easy enough done but 4 of them all have slightly differing light levels and the fifth one drastically so compared to the others.

I was hoping i could tempt somebody to tinker with and join them for me and i will put a donation into H4H? Im hoping to print it out to a large canvas in the future so would like it done better than my slapstick abilities.

Thanks

2. Can you show the pictures or is this not possible? Then I can tell you whether it is within my abilities/time restraints

3. You might like to re-post this in one of the computer forums - they are generally a helpfull bunch?

4. Microsoft ICE
    free ...and its simple drag and drop ...it does all the stitching for you
    Microsoft Research Image Composite Editor (ICE)

heres one I did of Gibraltar sports harbour from 5 pictures
    [​IMG]

hmm bit small

full size here
    after crop
    [​IMG]
    before crop
    [​IMG]

5. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Have you taken them in RAW or Jpeg? The exposure will be a hell of a lot easier to sort out if you have the original RAW files.

Either way PM me and I'll sort it for you, as long as it's Hols4H that you mean! :p

Why would you do that? The Photography Forum is exactly the right place for this.

6. Microsoft ICE
    free ...and its simple drag and drop ...it does all the stitching for you
    Microsoft Research Image Composite Editor (ICE)

heres one I did of Gibraltar sports harbour from 5 pictures
    [​IMG]

hmm bit small

full size here
    after crop
    [​IMG]
    before crop
    [​IMG]

7. full size here click thumbs (double click )

after crop
    [​IMG]
    before crop
    [​IMG]

8. Impressive results tankus - I must give it a try. Thanks.

9. exposure is sorted by the programme ...... Ive only done it in jpeg as the resultant files can be as big as 70mb

heres London ...springtime I think
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ive used more than a few , but to me ...ICE is the best by a wide margin with the least faff to use and the results are pretty good at the stitch

10. Gremlin

I don't want to be overly rude, but those just wouldn't cut it on a canvas, the joins would stand out like sore thumbs.

They're fine for casual viewing on a monitor, but for anything else they wouldn't work.

11. nah ...fair point ....because I moved too much when I took them ...and not rotated about a central point ....... the error is with me ......

this one I took with a better rotation

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is around the 32mb but Ive reduced it to go on image shack , the full file will have more detail .... One join error to the left ....next time Im going to use a monopod

12. Gremlin

2 major join errors, not one and that's at low res.

It's not your photographs, it's the program or your use of it.

Unless you have manual control of the image after it's been joined there will almost always be discrepancies somewhere. If I'm putting together an eight image composition it'll generally take me about four to six hours start to finish to get it right, and that's before you start dealing with shadows and reflections.

Having said that, it depends on how good you want the end result to be. Like producing a realistic HDR, it isn't a rush job.

13. Sorry for the delay all, and thanks for the help.

The images can be found here, unfortunately they are only in jpg (The full size 1.6mb files will be uploaded to a server). Images 1-4 are the main ones i would like in, the 5th would be a bonus if the lack of far background detail doesnt look too crap in contrast to pic4.

14. I've done this for you but how do you want it returned? pm me your email addy?

Attached Files: