Photos

Discussion in 'Photography' started by editioncanvas, Sep 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

I'm looking for military photos that i can use to print onto canvas and sell to raise money for Help for Heroes. I have already agreed to donate a canvas for auction but i'd like to try and help them as an ongoing effort.

Thanks,

John.

2. will dig some out for you tonight when i get home, if you pm me your email or home address (easier) i can put them onto a disk and send you. Unfortunately i can only provide Harriers in Afghan or phots from the ship!

3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

ecanvas - can I suggest that you have a thought about this and maybe offer it as a service. i.e. people can send you their personal photos and you print onto canvas. Perhaps you want to discuss with the owners if you do want to go ahead with this suggestion.

4. Hi Auld-Yin,

That is the main service we offer through our company, we print your photos onto canvas from digital, photograph or negatives. We also print onto thick photopaper upto 40" x 50" plus.

But we also sell photographers images on canvas and charge more than someone would pay for their own image on canvas, this extra money noramlly goes to the photographer but in this case we would be looking to give that to Help For Heroes.

5. defence image database if you speak to the picture editor at main building, he might be able to wrangle some images for you, though they may be crown copyright and you dont take a cut of profits. Warning they may be difficult about it. As for images taken by soldiers on ops they are all crown copyright (yep even the private ones belong to the crown technically), the patents and hmso, office can be a bunch of ***** about it.

6. Ok i've emailed them, they can only say no :-/