Photos that make you think.

When we visited in the mid 90's when it was first put on exhibition (1996) the uniforms and documents were all known. Documents were being conserved (so that pages could be seperated) so maybe that conservation process is now coming to an end and more information is available? (Just realised it was over 25 years ago when I visited!!!)

Odd that this stuff has remained untouched since 1994.

Par for the course that they managed to get some self pity whining into the article and a good dose of scrounging....

I'm not surprised, it happens all the time. Projects started by a small group of well-meaning enthusiasts without the resources or nous to make it work long term. No money for proper conservation and archiving. At least here the stuff has been saved.

CaptainRidiculous

On ROPS
On ROPs
I'm not surprised, it happens all the time. Projects started by a small group of well-meaning enthusiasts without the resources or nous to make it work long term. No money for proper conservation and archiving. At least here the stuff has been saved.
whole gallery here.

SS Northumbria was the largest of the supertankers built on the Tyne over that period, I remember with not a small amount of envy my older brother being one of the spawny twats being given a day off school to go and watch her launch

Twas the ESSO Northumbria launched in 1969, I was another spawny twat off school and at the launch...

0_DMR_NEC_260419esso_03.jpg

JB