Photos that make you think.

DC5DF720-46D9-4338-8BB1-39EB3EACEA2F.jpeg

Not sure if this is an Urban Legend or not, but it’s plausible, given the Squadron Commander would have been a Late Entry Officer and the two events were separated by around 33 years?
Good dit, whichever way you look at it!

View attachment 617332
Not sure if this is an Urban Legend or not, but it’s plausible, given the Squadron Commander would have been a Late Entry Officer and the two events were separated by around 33 years?
Good dit, whichever way you look at it!
Following a report that the squadron personal weapons were in poor condition (circa 1975) the 2 I/C was ordered to carry out a full firearms inspection. Prior to the inspection commencing he stated that everyone who's weapon was below acceptable standard would be charged.

He was presented with a rusty 9mm pistol by the one of the inspectors (M/T Sergeant Zip Nolan).
"Who's is this?"
"Yours Sir"

Many were saved that day as no charges were preferred.

Addendum

A number of us new boys only found out that we had an allocated weapon at this point!!!!
Zip not only had a cool nickname (refer to Lion comic circa 60's) he also spoke very good German, I think he was married to a German lady.

Last edited:

Chef

LE
Following a report that the squadron personal weapons were in poor condition (circa 1975) the 2 I/C was ordered to carry out a full firearms inspection. Prior to the inspection commencing he stated that everyone who's weapon was below acceptable standard would be charged.

He was presented with a rusty 9mm pistol by the one of the inspectors (M/T Sergeant Zip Nolan).
"Who's is this?"
"Yours Sir"

Many were saved that day as no charges were preferred.

Addendum

A number of us new boys only found out that we had an allocated weapon at this point!!!!
Zip not only had a cool nickname (refer to Lion comic circa 60's) he also spoke very good German, I think he was married to a German lady.
I used to wonder if 'Zip' as a nickname for 'Nolan' was from the comic. I recall him being a bike cop and each week there was a crime with a clue for the reader to solve.

Peaked flat cap and black leather jacket. I could be entirely wrong but since no profit glory or other useful items result from being right, I probably am.

I used to wonder if 'Zip' as a nickname for 'Nolan' was from the comic. I recall him being a bike cop and each week there was a crime with a clue for the reader to solve.

Peaked flat cap and black leather jacket. I could be entirely wrong but since no profit glory or other useful items result from being right, I probably am.

1637669201772.jpeg

padme

War Hero
Used to commute to Norfolk from Warminster many years ago.
Driving on a public road over Salisbury plain at about midnight to find a Warrior on one of the tank crossings completely blocking the road.
No lights, no warning.
But for ABS, that would have been a great photo.
Felt much better having given them a bollocking.
A47, like the Neverending story

I just can't leave it. :? Who are these women who wear identical hairstyles and a gown with a monogram on the left tit side of "N S"? :? Are they singers in the Spice Girl vein? Some of Benny Hill's wayward Angels? I must admit there is something unwholesome looking about them as they aren't even that stunning to look at. :? :omfg: :pc:

Girl Band.JPG

Latest Threads