Photos that make you think.

Clunker

Old-Salt
Good point. I'd struggle to come up with a good definition to be honest.
"Assault Rifle" is a trigger phrase to scare the left sheeple and has no parameters other than "Scary" and "Military Style". It can and is applied to anything the left want to ban. Have you seen the new buzz words "Assault Handgun" and even "Assault Knives". Stand by for the "Assault Pencil" and "Assault Brick".

The recently deceased Belizean Police Officer and his sister (also a Senior Police Officer).
Makes me think Nepotism, Privilege and a very comfortable lifestyle choice in equal measures!
View attachment 578485

It's happening in most 3rd world countries, S. Africa is a classic example
snip "Allegations of corruption and nepotism have surfaced in the South African Police Service in Limpopo.
This follows reports that interviews were held recently for 37 people to fill posts in the crime intelligence unit in Polokwane. It is claimed the posts were never advertised.
At the centre of the controversy are allegation
s that some members of the unit's management were told to bring at least three of their relatives each to fill the posts."

1622960320889.png

Légionnaires of the 2°BEP carrying the Battalion's doctor, Médecin-Capitaine Chataigneau, after he was severly WIA during the Nghia-Lo battle in October 1951.

The strecher bearer are armed with the folding stock MAS 36 CR 39 rifles

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
This photo makes me think that a scene such as this has occurred at some point to every one who has served from Agincourt to HERRICK, Ops or Trg, and everything in between.

I simply love all the different facial expressions, poses and that (dare I say) warm, fuzzy feeling of belonging to something that is almost impossible to describe.

The_British_Army_in_Normandy_1944_B6760.jpg

Infantry of the 59th Division dug in on the outskirts of Caen, 9 July 1944.

4(T)

LE
This photo makes me think that a scene such as this has occurred at some point to every one who has served from Agincourt to HERRICK, Ops or Trg, and everything in between.

I simply love all the different facial expressions, poses and that (dare I say) warm, fuzzy feeling of belonging to something that is almost impossible to describe.

View attachment 579334

What sort of hole is that supposed to be - a mortar pit?

And no sense of humour. @Mike Barton
No I have actually, I just utterly failed to see what the humorous point of your post was. I was referencing a news item relating to an armed insurgency and you made some bizarre sexual connection.

Do you just make these weird random associations with every post, or do they come into your head when you see pictures of young Southeast Asian men in uniform?

No I have actually, I just utterly failed to see what the humorous point of your post was. I was referencing a news item relating to an armed insurgency and you made some bizarre sexual connection.

Do you just make these weird random associations with every post, or do they come into your head when you see pictures of young Southeast Asian men in uniform?

Yes.

What sort of hole is that supposed to be - a mortar pit?
Sorry old chap.

I have no idea what sort of hole it is. Possibly a field latrine No1 or mortar pit or a fire trench.

However, some one may well be along soon to inform us both. :)

View attachment 579334

I presume the guy smoking on the left is a dispatch rider judging by his helmet, unless he is airborne?

I presume the guy smoking on the left is a dispatch rider judging by his helmet, unless he is airborne?
He's not airborne old chap.

He is sitting down.

"Assault Rifle" is a trigger phrase to scare the left sheeple and has no parameters other than "Scary" and "Military Style". It can and is applied to anything the left want to ban. Have you seen the new buzz words "Assault Handgun" and even "Assault Knives". Stand by for the "Assault Pencil" and "Assault Brick".

Don't forget the "Assault" spoon...

1623051923183.jpeg