Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos that make you think.

That makes me think, "Not even with yours."
Now, now! None of that! She is a very brave woman., not a piece of meat. That would be like saying you'd bone Mother Teresa. (I'd bet @Dont_Tell_em_Pike would though.)

I can't remember where I found this one, but being an alleged professional in the field of safety engineering I'm always on the lookout for this sort of thing and I shared it with a couple of colleagues as a "that'll do a trip" joke.

When we got round to discussing what the image showed, we came to the conclusion that when it came down to it the job probably took a lot of thought and planning, and even though it looks like a joke it was a good fix in the short term. Not sharing it with our engineers though, it may give them ideas....

1592223415421.png

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
arrse lincoln.jpg

The pressure of responsibility.

Abraham Lincoln.

The first pic taken in 1858 (aged 49) on the campaign trail. He made President in 1861 and the second pic was taken in 1865 just before his assassination. He really does look an an old man.

Just 7 years.

While I forensically scan that photo please enjoy some West Belfast Dennison and steel helmet allyness (flak jackets in the correct 'behold my massive body' order of dress:

View attachment 493124

And, of course, the iconic photo:

View attachment 493125
That bottom photo reminds me of Pristina in 1999, when 1 PARA were there. You'd be driving around the city and come across mini beasting sessions. I came back into the old MUP compound - where we and HQ 1 PARA BG were - and passed a group of locals marking double time on the spot (holding full water bottles out in front of them) at a pace directed by the Pro Cpl!! I suppose it came as a relief when a Det from MCTC deployed and the whole treatment of suspects was put on a more - ahem - 'regular footing.'

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Oyibo

LE
That bottom photo reminds me of Pristina in 1999, when 1 PARA were there. You'd be driving around the city and come across mini beasting sessions. I came back into the old MUP compound - where we and HQ 1 PARA BG were - and passed a group of locals marking double time on the spot (holding full water bottles out in front of them) at a pace directed by the Pro Cpl!! I suppose it came as a relief when a Det from MCTC deployed and the whole treatment of suspects was put on a more - ahem - 'regular footing.'

Pristina Potential Recruits Course '99

Didn't they used to be called the Military Provost Staff Corps?

MPSC - Muppets Puppets and Silly Cnuts.

Didn't they used to be called the Military Provost Staff Corps?

MPSC - Muppets Puppets and Silly Cnuts.
They did, but Military Provost Staff since early 90s when they got loosely swept up in the All Girls Corps.

I can't remember where I found this one, but being an alleged professional in the field of safety engineering I'm always on the lookout for this sort of thing and I shared it with a couple of colleagues as a "that'll do a trip" joke.

When we got round to discussing what the image showed, we came to the conclusion that when it came down to it the job probably took a lot of thought and planning, and even though it looks like a joke it was a good fix in the short term. Not sharing it with our engineers though, it may give them ideas....

View attachment 496929
No way an engineer of any description came up with that..there's too much fcuking thought has went into it.

They did, but Military Provost Staff since early 90s when they got loosely swept up in the All Girls Corps.

Looking for a face slicing are we? :? Slugs is watching.
High Five Ghost 4.png

The head of a Japanese soldier mounted on the front of a US tank at Guadalcanal, apparently it caused uproar back home among people who had never had to pick up a rifle to fight the fanatics in that savage campaign
FB_IMG_1597498083178.jpg

Its a derelict Japanese Chi-Ha tank, so I guess the outrage was bit misplaced.
Slim got angry when someone in 14th Army mounted a skull on their jeep. He then calmed down and explained to the miscreant "It might be one of our chaps lost in the retreat."

needlewaver

War Hero
2851D3C8-A895-4FA8-AA3F-6E3D9D42C3E7.jpeg

Twenty two years and about twenty odd minutes ago today, the IRA decided to demonstrate that they hadn’t quite plumbed the depths of filth that they wished to.

Peace to the twenty nine people who died and over two hundred injured physically, and the countless psychological injuries.

Hats off to Doc P, Mark J and all the others who went out of the gates that day into god knows what.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
View attachment 497281

Twenty two years and about twenty odd minutes ago today, the IRA decided to demonstrate that they hadn’t quite plumbed the depths of filth that they wished to.

Peace to the twenty nine people who died and over two hundred injured physically, and the countless psychological injuries.

Hats off to Doc P, Mark J and all the others who went out of the gates that day into god knows what.
If I recall right the two in the photo lived the photographer didn't sadly.

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
View attachment 497281

Missed that by a day, almost to the minute. TF.

Latest Threads