Photos that make you think.

magumba

Old-Salt
Its only because i shared it on my facebook last year on the same date and facebook in their algorythmical wisdom decided to remind me of it. I did actually print out that picture after i had put her b date and date of her execution and had it on the wall of my workshop as a reminder that no matter what i thought was tough to get through she went through something far far more disturbing than anything i could ever experience,The words didn't sink in last year in quite the way they have this year in the current situation in the UK

I what also find very frustrating(boils my piss) is that here in Germany many try to put that great ''freedom fighter'' Stauffenberg in the same bag as the Scholls.
Unfortunately it grew out of the the same bag. It wasn’t that Stauffenberg wasn’t brave it was that the act when it was carried out was too late to be of any consequence. Don’t forget the conspirators still died and I recently watched Mason’s portrayal of Rommel, which underlined the shabbiness of the reprisals. That was underlined by the execution of Pastor Bonhoeffer As late as 1945.

My memory may deceive me, but I seem to recall the steps going up to the Wellington statue used to be covered with brambles and trees. It wasn’t as visible as it is today.
This is going back to 87/88. You could run and around the top while you oppo did pressups, pushup or whatever.

I have always found this picture to be incredibly haunting...and she would have been 99 today

“Why do you allow these men who are in power to rob you step by step, openly and in secret, of one domain of your rights after another, until one day nothing, nothing at all will be left but a mechanised state system presided over by criminals and drunks? Is your spirit already so crushed by abuse that you forget it is your right - or rather, your moral duty - to eliminate this system?”
Sophia Magdelana Scholl, born May 9th 1921 and member of the White Rose resistance group in Nazi Germany. Given the prevailing mood of the country and the total power of the state, she was an extraordinary anti-fascist - courageous, articulate and insightful.
Here is a record of the White Rose leaflets and transcript of their trial: https://libcom.org/library/white-rose-documents?fbclid=IwAR2f4IgvOPsMbHtx2-8b6uFUhQQzstJPs6v6gbSMsBvC_c4--Exf3mqhNDE
View attachment 472291
Could do with more like her nowadays however I am appalled by the use of her name to prop up "ANTIFA" propaganda who are by far the closest thing to an actual group of facists that we have. Even though they are largely radical communists and / or Anarcho Communists, their behaviour is indistinguishable from genuine facists.

I wonder what it would take to unite and mobilise a movement of people who simply want freedom and for the government to run the country for us so that we don't have to. Thats all, they are supposed to keep the country going smoothly and leave us alone, that is why we pay them to do it and allow them to take taxes from us to do it.

If they are not fulfilling this function and are overstepping their bounds by over-reaching into our personal and private lives, detaining us in our homes, making up new laws every day to criminalise us and further narrow the scope of what we are still allowed to do, disarm us so we cannot defend ourselves or fight back if threatened and with each new turn of the screw, they increase the amount of money that they take from at the barrel of a gun and the promise of prison.

What, i ask,will it take to bring this back under control. In 1938 people in the UK were much more free than they are now. When will those of us who still desire to be free put our foot down and draw a line in the sand?

Wrong thread, sorry, her image and story and stones to actually stand up and put her foot down made me think, like it was supposed to

@ various posters.

I'm confused.

When you say Caesar's Camp do you mean the one in Bracknell Forest?

You can't possibly see London from there. Not even from the top of the tower in the nearby Discovery Centre.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
@ various posters.

I'm confused.

You can't possibly see London from there. Not even from the top of the tower in the nearby Discovery Centre.
I think he means the one on Wimbledon common

magumba

Old-Salt
I honestly dont think there is much chance of it ever happening ,the propaganda and fear inducing has been strong....anyone thinking of doing anything would have to plot the unrest around the tv schedules....and woe betide anyone planning the final march on parliament not taking into account the strictlycomeloveislandmadeinchelsea schedules..i think the only way to awaken the sleeping populace is to somehow dump an emp weapon that only effects google and android phones.....by gawd you'd see em move then...all wandering round like toddlers,in tears and clutching their broken phones demanding something be done

I honestly dont think there is much chance of it ever happening ,the propaganda and fear inducing has been strong....anyone thinking of doing anything would have to plot the unrest around the tv schedules....and woe betide anyone planning the final march on parliament not taking into account the strictlycomeloveislandmadeinchelsea schedules..i think the only way to awaken the sleeping populace is to somehow dump an emp weapon that only effects google and android phones.....by gawd you'd see em move then...all wandering round like toddlers,in tears and clutching their broken phones demanding something be done
Any chance you could tell us what post you are referring to?

There is a quote function on ARRSE. It is very useful.

It’s a mystery as Toyah sang. The point being made is there will inevitably be an increase in rubbish strewn around roadside verges once the Chavs have access to their fast food of choice again. Anyone throwing rubbish out of a car is a brain dead moron in my humble opinion.
Agreed. I can stash loads of rubbish in my car. I don't need to throw any out of window.

Unfortunately it grew out of the the same bag. It wasn’t that Stauffenberg wasn’t brave it was that the act when it was carried out was too late to be of any consequence. Don’t forget the conspirators still died and I recently watched Mason’s portrayal of Rommel, which underlined the shabbiness of the reprisals. That was underlined by the execution of Pastor Bonhoeffer As late as 1945.
Stauffenberg had no issue with trying to eradicate poles and other untermensch.

Only when the wehrmacht started losing did he suddenly hate Adolf and take aktion

magumba

Old-Salt
Any chance you could tell us what post you are referring to?

There is a quote function on ARRSE. It is very useful.
my apologies #5307

@ various posters.

I'm confused.

The photo was taken by someone online who said it was Caesars camp, near Farnham. In the photo you can see the Queens Avenue church ( Aldershot) with the London Skyline in the distance. I don’t know about another Caesars camp in Bracknell Forrest.

offog

LE
Was looking at some random photos online. Someone with a good camera took a picture from Caesar’s Camp near Aldershot, of the London skyline in the distance. I didn’t realise you had such a good view from there.
Small world I thought.
There is a much better view from the top of the Air forces memorial above Runnymede. To the left (North) you can see Windsor Castle moving through East, Heathrow and then London. Best view on a cold day but now with the decrease in smog the view should be very good.

Latest Threads