Photos that make you think.

In case anyone gets mistaken that's not a funny comment, it's the truth!
The equipment may well be from the First to Second World Wars, but I'd hazard a guess, judging from the apparel of the person in the middle, that the photo was probably taken during the 1960s!

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
German Human Traps WW1

Evocative photo. WWI was described as the first industrial war, however when you see pictures like this and read of the accounts of hand to hand trench fighting using knuckle dusters and clubs, you realise that it was sometimes medieval as well!

Further to my post above, some WWI trench clubs.

2e48e98c36c9933b7caf93ae61936252.jpg

These wouldn't have looked out of place at Agincourt!

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Wah shield up.

2HP = 2 Horse power. There are two horses in the picture, unless you know of a 7 (visible) legged horse with two tails!

Wah shield down.
EASY!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is mind boggling!

Not sure if it's been posted or not but with 205 pages I ain't finding out either! This photo always makes me think and personally as a father I think is heartbreaking.
Don't know the full story but I know the little boy thought the camera was a gun so put his hands up thinking he was about to be shot. The things that boy must have seen or heard to even think about doing always makes my mind wander. His facial expression says it all!

View attachment 357866

This thread is mind boggling!

Not sure if it's been posted or not but with 205 pages I ain't finding out either! This photo always makes me think and personally as a father I think is heartbreaking.
Don't know the full story but I know the little boy thought the camera was a gun so put his hands up thinking he was about to be shot. The things that boy must have seen or heard to even think about doing always makes my mind wander. His facial expression says it all!

View attachment 357866
Its a four year old Syrian girl, that survived some bombing.
Harrowing stuff for any child to see.
The photographer who broke the internet's heart