Photos that make you think.

View attachment 331656

Hope the mods don’t mind a cock shot.
Holy feckin Jeebus. Looks like a butchers shop. I have had legs of pork with less trauma.

Is that you?

Words fail me.

Well not totally. I dont think the Mods would mind a cock shot. If there was one.

You should have asked them to make you a minge while they were down there. With a decent set of top bollox you could have been minted with the amputee fetishists.

Joking apart @dingerr 's photo does make me think how far we have come in battlefield medicine.
dingerr must have had first class treatment in the "golden hour" and it's not that many years ago that someone with that severity of trauma would not have survived.

View attachment 331656

Hope the mods don’t mind a cock shot.
Gave this a like, which is wholly inadequate. Two days later I’m still trying to get my head around what I’m looking at & how you survived & having seen previous pictures of your arms/hands I hang my head in shame at my first world gripes.

@dingerr you have put things into perspective with this picture.

Gave this a like, which is wholly inadequate. Two days later I’m still trying to get my head around what I’m looking at & how you survived & having seen previous pictures of your arms/hands I hang my head in shame at my first world gripes.

Don't be harsh on yourself, when Waiterose have run out of sugar snap peas and oak aged balsamic vinegar life can become hard, very hard indeed!

Don't be harsh on yourself, when Waiterose have run out of sugar snap peas and oak aged balsamic vinegar life can become hard, very hard indeed!
Thank you, it is an eternal struggle, one just can’t live without quinoa

I could only give the horrific photo an "informative", that "Dinger" survived at all is incredible, the skill of his medics and his own incredible resilience to such injuries make me humble and certainly puts life into perspective.

These days a Black copper passes unnoticed thank god

but PC Norwell Gumbs was the Mets first black police officer
here he is in 1968 directing traffic

1524325398066.png

Norwell was Born in Anguilla in the West Indies,
He had Police in his bloodline as well
His Grandfather was a Police Sergeant, ans three uncles were High Ranking Police Officers
He Enlisted on the Same day as Paul Condon who went on to become a met police commissioner ( and went to his leaving party)
He was Awarded the Queens Police Medal for his services
An old friend of mine served with him, and said that in spite of a great deal of racism and nasty comments, he refused to sink to their level and became a fine Police officer and later a Detective
He retired with the Rank of Detective Sergeant after 30 years service

View attachment 331753

His Grandfather was a Police Sergeant, ans three uncles were High Ranking Police Officers
He Enlisted on the Same day as Paul Condon who went on to become a met police commissioner ( and went to his leaving party)
An old friend of mine served with him, and said that in spite of a great deal of racism and nasty comments, he refused to sink to their level and became a fine Police officer and later a Detective
As a young constable my cousin served with him. Apparently their first meeting started with the door shutting and a bottle of scotch appearing from a desk drawer. One slightly wobbly PC left the office wondering if the life of a detective was for him.
My relation always spoke of him as a great character and policeman.

View attachment 331753

There was a Gumbs serving in RAOC in the 70s I think...? perhaps a relation?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
msr ARRSE: Site Issues 1
PartTimePongo ARRSE: Site Issues 37
F Current Affairs, News and Analysis 2